DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Tires for 2014 Chrysler Town and Country
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tires for 2014 Chrysler Town and Country
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted
So the wifes pimp mobile is needin some new rubbers and was wondering if there is anything out there better than the Michelins Energy savers that is on it? The tires are original and have 43500 miles on it. Want to stay with a high quality tire, most likely Michelin, but not sure if I want to stay with this series.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You should be able to get more than 40,000 miles out of a tire on that car I believe, I currently got 68,000 on the Goodyear’s on my 4x4 truck. We only got 43,000 out of the Goodyear’s that came on my wife’s Impala and replaced them with made in USA Yokohama’s which have 40,000 on them right now and look like they could go another 40,000.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on COSTCO's mail-out sale flyer if you're a member. They generally run a $70 off a set of Michelin or Goodrich tires. I got lucky on a set I put on her 280SL and got installation for a buck a tire. Saved me well over $100 on the set with installation and COSTCO was already lower than the closest competition before the discounts.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
How long a tire lasts depends a lot on how & where you drive... I wouldn't complain about 43,000 on a set. Michelin is the best in my experience and if you step down to something else to save a few bucks it will probably disappoint you in the long run.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD104X:
How long a tire lasts depends a lot on how & where you drive... I wouldn't complain about 43,000 on a set. Michelin is the best in my experience and if you step down to something else to save a few bucks it will probably disappoint you in the long run.[/QUOTE

Thank you!

I wasn't going to step down to cheaper, actually if anything would go up, reason I was asking, is because this has the energy saver series, and I think these ride rougher than normal Michelins and wondering which other ones to go to. We have only had this car for about 8 months, and i know the dealership i bought it from used it quite a bit before i bought, and we have no clue how it was driven before us. Thanks for all the replies!!!

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you are wanting to stick with Michelins we have a lot of customers that get the Michelin Defender. They are rated for up to 90k miles max. The energy savers are rated for 65k miles max

Posts: 3 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post