Find
Notify
Tools

Diaper
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted
Who do you guys feel makes the best fitting diaper for a BBC full tube car.
Moroso 21049 pan headers outside frame.

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I get mine from J&J Performance

410 East Wood Street

Shreve, Ohio 44676

330-567-2455

All have fit nicely with a minimum of cussing and xlnt pricing....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a J&J also. It works fine but what is the trick to cleaning it?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
x3

I ordered a custom kevlar diaper from J&J 1 week ago for Mosoro's 21047 pan and it will be delivered today.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ytoddmalibu
posted Hide Post
J&J double kevlar with kevlar straps. Best way to clean them is simple green from my experience.

Todd P

3/28/2014 RIP Juli Pasch the love of my life for ever

Posts: 29 | Location: MidMichMotorplex | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I have had DRE diapers on my last three cars and fit was perfect each time.

As far as cleaning, take a 5 gallon bucket and a good squeeze of dawn dish soap in the bucket and fill with hot water. Use an old broom handle to work the diaper up and down in the water for about five mins. Rinse and hang it up. It will be good as new.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my DRE

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Very happy with my DRE

X2

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
DRE

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I diaper will be my next purchase. Making room for one now. Motor plate, mid-plate and removing the stock motor mounts.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
I diaper will be my next purchase. Making room for one now. Motor plate, mid-plate and removing the stock motor mounts.

Pretty sure mine is an DRE. Have a motor plate plus stock mounts (to keep engine/trans from moving backward/forward). It fits this combo perfect. Have to take off the DS rear strap to change the oil, that's it.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time believing one could fit better than my DRE.

Similar to what Mike said above me, I just loosen the driver's side rear strap enough to pull the back of the diaper under the pan to change oil.

I do have a J&J on the dragster and it is fine, but it is a universal diaper so not a fair comparison to a custom diaper.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3157 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 DRE custom kevlar diapers for the same pan I stated above. The first one fit like shyt, call him told him the issue and the 2nd a few years later also fit like shyt.

Never again.

I can't imagine my J&J diaper fitting worse. I'll know this weekend.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I am pleased with the fitment of my DRE. I did buy the Kevlar one because one exhaust tube is really close to the pan and the diaper is always on it. Turned it brown but has not burned-through.

Going to put one on our slow car, primarily because I built the engine and don't want to hurt my wife! It does have 100 passes on it already so I think she should be ok. Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a standard sbc DRE since they came out. My car is motor plate, mid plate and flat plates on the motor mounts. I made some short vertical slits in the diaper to wrap around the bars from the motor mount plate and sewed up with straps on top. The diaper fits a Stefs 5 qt pan and where it rubbed the headers slightly I double wrapped the header with heat rap. Just loosen the rear straps to change oil.

I destroyed an engine on track at over 100 mph and was able to safely stop and pull over. Several minutes later the water and oil from the engine did overfill the diaper. Simple Green in a 5 gal bucket several times cleaned well.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
DRE (X whatever the current count is).

Great fix, zero problems.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:

Pretty sure mine is an DRE. Have a motor plate plus stock mounts (to keep engine/trans from moving backward/forward). It fits this combo perfect. Have to take off the DS rear strap to change the oil, that's it.

Forgot limiters, need to add them into the mix. Cut the crossmember for clearance and need to finish boxing it in. Thanks for the heads up on what you run.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It should be mandatory that EVERY bracket car, regardless of ET should have a diaper or belly pan.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
It should be mandatory that EVERY bracket car, regardless of ET should have a diaper or belly pan.

X2

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

X2

X3. I have seen NHRA Stockers oil down the complete track, end to end, with their slow-azz POS........... They argue it keeps the engines too hot. If they ALL had to run them, then no one is at a disadvantage.