New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Converter
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I put a stock 350 4 barrel, and a turbo350 transmission with a shift kit in it in a 1960 Chevy pickup.
Does anybody know of a part number and supplier for a torque converter. I don't need anything "high performance".

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One option, go to a local transmission shop. They will be connected with a supplier who sells factory style rebuilt converters. With the situation you describe that will be fine.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
I agree with Larry. Most trans shops get parts daily from there supplier. Jegs also sell stock converters.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If budget allows I really like B&M 20400 in a stock engine with a shift kit. 176.00 @ Summit free shipping. If not ‘Whatever It Takes’ sells stock converters and will ship.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the advice.

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post