DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Washing Slicks Between Races?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Slicks Between Races?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I dismount my slicks after every race and put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle, the fabric softener seems to make the sidewalls last much longer. Air dry though, because putting them in the drier would just be silly.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Fred, I agree, don't know what difference it would make, just wondering if anyone does this or have heard about it.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I dismount my slicks after every race and put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle, the fabric softener seems to make the sidewalls last much longer. Air dry though, because putting them in the drier would just be silly.

Which softener do you use?

What do the neighbors think about slicks hanging on the clothes line?

Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
How does a manboob having loser talk about stealing paint jobs when his car looks like every freaking swingset out there, his kids junior was copied from a well known racer scheme and everything to the paint code.... and you still can call someone out for copying paint? Holy pointy boobs batman
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
taking candy from a baby.

quote:

wow binder.first stealing paint schemes and now stealing from children? unnaceptable

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Please stop talking about Ed's boobs or my boobs or any other male who has boobs. If you want to talk about boobs then talk about Danica since she doesn't have any. Laughing Hard

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So Bender runs what 3.70? And has won Champions and some jealous little loser is calling Bender a loser? Wow. Little man has never ran anywhere near that fast or won anything since 1996 and Bender is the Loser?
You can not make this stuff up people. Spends no telling how much money and runs 9 in the 1/4. But look at his trailer......

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Please stop talking about Ed's boobs or my boobs or any other male who has boobs. If you want to talk about boobs then talk about Danica since she doesn't have any. Laughing Hard
But then there's this,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
How does a manboob having loser talk about stealing paint jobs when his car looks like every freaking swingset out there, his kids junior was copied from a well known racer scheme and everything to the paint code.... and you still can call someone out for copying paint? Holy pointy boobs batman
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

quote:

wow binder.first stealing paint schemes and now stealing from children? unnaceptable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlQsHq5P6A

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Looks like I hit a nerve with that picture.

Just pulling those strings, but it's really not much of a challenge, like taking candy from a baby.

BTW, if you have bothered to read and comprehend the thread about Big helping me, you would have seen that it was started by me on April 1st as a April fools prank, as was stated in a couple of posts. Pay attention here.....

Its called F O C U S. PM me for meaning of FOCUS.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
"Oh Pointy Bird,
Oh pointy pointy.
Anoint my head....."

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
A picture is worth a thousand words..............

1Ed, are you tall enough to ride the big kid rides? Or do you have to lay down with a pushup bra on to ride the roller coaster?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SP310G,

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Someone taking hormone shots to make boobs grow?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

Seriously I know a guy who almost every week breaks his tires down and rotates, remounts and balances them again. I think that is crazy but he wins an awful lot and it works for him......

For me I run MT 3074 and I will rotate them mid season and that is about it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
M/T told me it's best to rotate them after every race....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've got 42 passes on them and they go .93x 60's pass after pass.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
they go .93x 60's pass after pass.

fake news

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
.93's 60' running 3.70's is about dead on what our old TA times where both funny car and dragsters. IMO pretty dang good and the numbers do work.If he is running 3.70's (no reason to doubt) then easy to believe.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Again, pictures are worth a thousand words.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
In case you're wondering the 198mph in my sig was done at a different race

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Actually I was thinking mph was low and should be 198 to 200 for that ET,but figured it was conv. vs clutch thing. I do think there is still some between 60 and 330' times you might could get. Then we had 3 spd with clutch and you are spd and conv. which might account for difference. Still impressive numbers.