DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    The SFI expires soon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SFI expires soon
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chroming parts that flex under load always results in the part developing a crack(s)

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
jb weld bb.

ep-anything can be fixed with jb weld

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Looks like they made a pretty good prediction

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
So my question is,,,,,,,, are you going to keep running it without a current SFI tag? Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ultrabell time

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who's case is this ? I noticed that neither the Date of Manufacture or the Recertification is not punched out, normally when you buy one or you have sent it back for Recertification they punch out the appropriate one ?

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin duck:
Who's case is this ? I noticed that neither the Date of Manufacture or the Recertification is not punched out, normally when you buy one or you have sent it back for Recertification they punch out the appropriate one ?

Looks like it’s punched out to me, both stickers.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes there punched out March of 17

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If that is, in fact, chromed I would have it polished next time. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised it would cert being chromed..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
If that is, in fact, chromed I would have it polished next time. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised it would cert being chromed..

Dave, it was chrome powder coating, had my intake done also in 2010. This case is 10 years old, had it built for my dragster then 5 years later bought a door car and put it in it, been in it for 5 years.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’d tig that back together and put in a slow car.
Anyone running an old school shield could still use it. I have welded a few and have not failed. The original cause of failures for the ones I worked on was the engine limiter was sloppy or non existent. I’ve been to wadsworth to pick up heads from Veney. Hebe was there.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Crap now they will shorten the date to half what they are. THANKS!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:
Originally posted by sittin duck:

Looks like it’s punched out to me, both stickers.

The dates are punched out but they normally punch out by Manufacture or Recertifacation also at least the have on my two cases

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post