DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ever have one of these go south on ya?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ever have one of these go south on ya?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Remove the races from the old drum. My bet is the smaller outside race is a LM67010 and the larger inside race is a 25520. Probably marked China
 
Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^^^ Remove the races from the old drum. My bet is the smaller outside race is a LM67010 and the larger inside race is a 25520. Probably marked China


Will do.

I'm gonna pull this around for a couple days with my truck. Pull it apart look everything over. If it rides a little nicer, & looks good visually. I'm gonna do the other three the same.

High end, everything looked perfect on the assembly.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrperf:
Sounds to me like you have a belt broke in the tire


You are right Sir, Good call. I found it last night, opposite side.

10 ply Load Range E hauling 7800 lbs total. I should not be having this problem.

I guess I'll have to overkill it even more 12 ply Hercules all steel tires.

I researched last night, Good 15" trailer tire is few and far between, not a lot of options. Or It may be I need to slow down a bit.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

10 ply Load Range E hauling 7800 lbs total. I should not be having this problem.

I guess I'll have to overkill it even more 12 ply Hercules all steel tires.

I researched last night, Good 15" trailer tire is few and far between, not a lot of options. Or It may be I need to slow down a bit.


Mike, You won’t find any better trailer tire than GoodYear Endurance Trailer Tires 225/75-15 load E and speed rated to 87 mph (N). MADE IN USA !!!! Mine are 3yrs and over 35k miles old and I tow long distance all the time. 7000#
 
Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

10 ply Load Range E hauling 7800 lbs total. I should not be having this problem.

I guess I'll have to overkill it even more 12 ply Hercules all steel tires.

I researched last night, Good 15" trailer tire is few and far between, not a lot of options. Or It may be I need to slow down a bit.


Mike, You won’t find any better trailer tire than GoodYear Endurance Trailer Tires 225/75-15 load E and speed rated to 87 mph (N). MADE IN USA !!!! Mine are 3yrs and over 35k miles old and I tow long distance all the time. 7000#


Looks awesome, just looked at it, reasonable too, thanks markemark
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I bought the GoodYear Endurance tires in 2016

Came home from Maple Grove after winning the Pa. Dutch Classic and it’s a wonder I didn’t blow a tire on that trip home.

Goodyear Marathons were toast

The Endurance tires held up far better and I sold that trailer 2 months ago and they were still in great shape.

225-75-15 E rated 80lbs

No tires lasted that long without trouble !
 
Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Putting 4 tires rated 3200 lbs each. That's 5000 lbs overkill hauling 7800 lbs, and 7800 is on the high side, it's more like 7500 lbs.

12 ply S/T tire will run nice and cool at just about any tire pressure.

HERCULES 901


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Great place to do business with right here.

Saved $75 a tire ordered through paypal at 1am, they were at the front door the next day by 2pm.

That's better service than, or as good as Amazon.

I recommend them, no BS.

Free shipping too.




5500 - 6000 lbs overkill

Think they'll run cool, I do.


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have seen some tires look like they are wobbling and it ended up being the rubber in the torsion axle was just "aging out". Not sure if you have leaf springs or torsion axles.


www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

 
Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did learn something from Ed though. The tongue may look low now, but the axles - tires are seeing equal weight now.

Both rear tires had belt issues.


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, just replaced the GY Endurance that were on steel wheels and 27k miles old in 28 months with these aluminum rims. Another new set of GY Endurance… Made in USA !!

 
Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Mike, just replaced the GY Endurance that were on steel wheels and 27k miles old in 28 months with these aluminum rims. Another new set of GY Endurance… Made in USA !!



Looks GREAT!

If I don't like the Hercules, I'll try those next.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Those rims do look nice on these trailers. They were 49.95 a piece when I bought five of these wheels in 2016.

I looked the other day, they're now close to $200 a piece.

They were so inexpensive, I even splurged for the spare tire.

They've held up great too. You'll like em, they never grow old on the eyes.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markemark:
Mike, just replaced the GY Endurance that were on steel wheels and 27k miles old in 28 months with these aluminum rims. Another new set of GY Endurance… Made in USA !!

Looks GREAT! If I don't like the Hercules, I'll try those next.


I don’t think you’ll wear those Hercules 901 tires out with what you are loaded to. They are Load F, 14/32 tread and 75 mph speed rated.
 
Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markemark:
Mike, just replaced the GY Endurance that were on steel wheels and 27k miles old in 28 months with these aluminum rims. Another new set of GY Endurance… Made in USA !!

Looks GREAT! If I don't like the Hercules, I'll try those next.


I don’t think you’ll wear those Hercules 901 tires out with what you are loaded to. They are Load F, 14/32 tread and 75 mph speed rated.


I'm hoping. Over the road Truck driver neighbor of mine who recommended them, says the same thing.

They look stout.

Realistically, I'm probably 7200 lbs. Two spares, winch, tool box and factory condition Nova. 7200-7500 tops.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ever have one of these go south on ya?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024