Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted
If you was to have a cam card saying
LS 109
CL IN EX
105 113
Does that mean its a 113 LS with 4 degrees cut in to it to make 109?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Novacaine,

Posts: 217 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’ve asked this same question 20 days ago, BlahBlah

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...637005696#1637005696

the answer hadn’t changed!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 217 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ttb Spitting

181 views and only 1 reply, me. Laughing very hard

Again the answer to the same question you posted 21 days ago is still here

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...637005696#1637005696

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:
LS= lobe separation the distance measured in degrees how far the intake lobe centerline and exhaust lobe centerline are from one another.

Posts: 697 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What that's saying is, is the lobe sep is 109.

The 105 is telling you they put 4 degrees advance in it.

So you put it in straight up, if it degrees 105 intake centerline, you're good. If it don't, you move / adjust it to 105 intake center line.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Usually it says installed lobe centerline.
Post a pic of the card

Posts: 697 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I cant a pic of it for some reason.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Novacaine:
If you was to have a cam card saying
LS 109
CL IN EX
105 113
Does that mean its a 113 LS with 4 degrees cut in to it to make 109?

109 lobe separation ground into cam
Intake centerline is 105
Exhaust centerline is 113
Install cam at 105 intake centerline to be 4 degrees advanced

109 installed Intake centerline would be "straight up"

People get lobe seperation (LS) confused with Intake centerline (ICL) and dot to dot they call straight up.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I have a 555 and set it up at 109. dot to dot. I ran it about 6 races and it ran from 5.74 to 5.88. After checking I had the wrong valve springs. I pulled the engine out, checked everything. Had the new springs put in and set up and cleaned the head surface. I put it back together and advance it 4 degrees to 105 and ran it yesterday. It was a turd wouldn't run good at all, ran 6.70. All I did was advanced the cam.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well it's just a guess but I think you did something very wrong....

Posts: 2527 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 555 and set it up at 109. dot to dot. I ran it about 6 races and it ran from 5.74 to 5.88. After checking I had the wrong valve springs. I pulled the engine out, checked everything. Had the new springs put in and set up and cleaned the head surface. I put it back together and advance it 4 degrees to 105 and ran it yesterday. It was a turd wouldn't run good at all, ran 6.70. All I did was advanced the cam.

Are you actually using an indicator and degree wheel or just going off of the advance keyways on the timing set?
You should have degreed this when the heads were off, you could have actually verified TDC.
If you are just using the marks, it will never work accurately.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are you actually using an indicator and degree wheel or just going off of the advance keyways on the timing set?
You should have degreed this when the heads were off, you could have actually verified TDC.
If you are just using the marks, it will never work accurately.[/QUOTE]

Good news is he can still use a piston stop to locate TDC. Lets hope he gets this figured out. That being said, it sure is easier when the heads off.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I used a degree wheel and used TDC. maybe I have something else going on. I will check it out.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
Good news is he can still use a piston stop to locate TDC. Lets hope he gets this figured out.

^^^ Do this. Because TDC indicators are inaccurate way more often than most people think. If you don't have a piston stop, you can easily make one out of a spark plug and a small piece of some 1/8" welding rod.
Also, double check ignition timing, float levels, fuel pressure, & valve lash.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1086 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used a degree wheel and used TDC. maybe I have something else going on. I will check it out.

Verify TDC, I've used the balancer as a degree wheel in the past, when I've gotten myself in an awkward position.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post