DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    canton accu sump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

canton accu sump
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
im installing a 3 quart system my question is I don't have a dipstick tube on my motor I and from what I can research it does not hold a true 3 quarts does anyone run one with a dip stick on there motor than can possible tell me how much oil it holds

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good addition but to be sure you'll need a dipstick. Length of line and other factors you will be guessing. You didn't want your main sump to be low.

Add 2 qts. Start the car with sump installed. After car oil pressure reaches full pressure for few seconds, I may rev mine slightly. Have someone close the valve. This traps the max amount of oil in accumulator. Then simply fill your oil to the normal full mark.

I do this every time I change the oil. It's the safest way but you'll need a dipstick or some other means to know. Didn't forget to open the valve or the accumulator will be out of the loop.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
wish i could do a dip stick there is no provision in the alum pan for one. do you have a 3 qt system on your car?

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
As I recall with a 7psi initial air charge my 3 quart Accusump held 2 quarts at 60 psi.

I have this 24-006 Accusump 3 Qt with 24-506 Accusump Manual Valve Cable Kit 6 foot For Sale if anyone is interested. $150 plus the shipping cost.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post