Find
Notify
Tools

Summit fitting
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
warning if at all possible do not buy any of Summits fuel fittings. Had second one screw me this weekend. Screwed and dang sure did not enjoy.

All new Fragola fittings on order today.

Ironic part is I had just reworked fuel plumbing and removed some of my trick stuff to simplify and reduce the number of fittings. Stupid me simple has never been my way.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What did you expect, you chose to buy cheap Chinese junk and got what you paid for!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Earl's has a store local, nothing else for me.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1799 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who keeps a broken clock? Throw it in the weeds along with those cheap Chinese fittings!

As Tim says…
"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline"

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea the life is easier with internet BS. We had a speed shop here in town for almost 60 years.Hell had three in mid 90's. Like a ton of brick-and-mortar stores, they could not survive. Well internet and lack of interest in performance cars now days.

Hell at one time I could call Southern Automitve (opened 1958 till 200-) and have what I needed ready for pickup or have them leave were I could pick up after closing. Even had few thing dropped st shop. Now there is nobody around who carries AN fittings.

Agree its cheaper ****. Would figure it should last for few runs before the screwing. When low cash flow you try what you can.yes I know just costs more to buy twice, but it is what it is there.

Just passing on info about crap poroduct. Hey, I posted good about track owner and crew.
I had to post about a bad to keep balance.LOL

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Fragola PTFE for alcohol and transmission lines. Problem with those are they a pain in the tail and you can not bend or kink them.

I recommend you pick a good brand of hose and use the SAME brand fittings as hose on all. Even if you use good hose and fittings if they are not the same brand I have seen issues. Yes, cheap hoses and fittings will cause a problem. On my Dragster I had to use an off brand for one large hose because nobody had what I wanted in stock. That one failed in maybe 6 months? Never had any problem with any of the other hoses.

Also I consider hoses a wear and tear item they are not going to last forever and you should plan on changing them before they fail. Often you can tell when one gets stiff or soft then change them all. Rubber hoses with alcohol will dry out, crack and flake inside and that clogs up your nozzles as you know. PTFE lined hoses work better there and I think they last longer to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4225 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Figure to do same as I have al;ways done with top alcohol stuff. one year service life on hoses. Back then I swapped them all hose and fittings. Man hated when dad got the bill that month.LOL