DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bracket Racing; Running Car(s) All Out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bracket Racing; Running Car(s) All Out
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If a slow guy doesn't walk over and look at your dial before he gets in, I'll dial up 4 tenths.

This guy must've noticed it when we were sitting on the starting line. Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They get a funny look on their face when you're Ripping it at 350-400 ft out.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Well that seems to have worked.Usually by telling people they dont want to do something they usually do it.

I'm assuming that was directed at me. No biggie, I have already stated in the past on DRR that I always hold numbers. Except when I screw up, like my earlier post.

Regardless, thanks for your insight & good luck to you!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2576 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
no it was about no one commenting on there tactics not you.
Just trying to get the ball rolling

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry I have not been on this site much since 1290/ritow the a-hole and the fruitloop came on

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom R:I have a hard time judging distance due to my poor vision now. I can barely find the starting line and don't know I have crossed the finish until the win lights come on. It sucks but what can you do.

Tom, I know what you’re up against. I have cataracts, very poor depth perception and am older.

As for holding numbers, the last time I raced Mr Underwood we were both flat out and he’s won considerably more than anyone on this thread so far.
Get those cataracts fixed. Easy peasy operation. Your depth perception is totally screwed with cataracts.
This will change your life. Just do it.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 352 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
no it was about no one commenting on there tactics not you.
Just trying to get the ball rolling

Thanks for the clarification & trying to get the ball rolling.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2576 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

Did he look over at ya deer in the headlights, or try to ignore your stalking? Laughing Hard

That's a funny timeslip, well done!!

I'd say you're holding 6 to 8 hundredths

He was a She & both of us was focused on doing our job. Wink

Thanks for the compliment! The only mistake I'm critical about is the .005 stripe. Most runs I like to be .010-.020 when I want the stripe. When I don't want it, that varies with the race.

My run completion had me holding about .040 + or - .001. You were probably looking at my 1/8th mile ET. The current converter really works good for the front half or 1/8 mile.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Did he look over at ya deer in the headlights, or try to ignore your stalking? Laughing Hard

That's a funny timeslip, well done!!

I'd say you're holding 6 to 8 hundredths

He was a She & both of us was focused on doing our job. Wink

Thanks for the compliment! The only mistake I'm critical about is the .005 stripe. Most runs I like to be .010-.020 when I want the stripe. When I don't want it, that varies with the race.

My run completion had me holding about .040 + or - .001. You were probably looking at my 1/8th mile ET. The current converter really works good for the front half or 1/8 mile.

Taking 005 in that race is perfect. You had 015 to work with.

Take less stripe than you win the tree by, your win light comes on 100% of the time.

You have to look at that slip as if you don't know she's under, or you're putting the cart before the horse.

That's perfect.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get those cataracts fixed. Easy peasy operation. Your depth perception is totally screwed with cataracts.

The ophthalmologist that I have seen for over 10 yrs because of problems says I’m two possible three years away from being able to have them done. They aren’t ripe enough at this point and I have to wait.
I probably see better than many with cataracts that need the procedure, but know what I have lost in day and night vision compared to years past. Polarized lenses are a must for daytime outside activities.

Posts: 2481 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The ophthalmologist that I have seen for over 10 yrs because of problems says I’m two possible three years away from being able to have them done. They aren’t ripe enough at this point and I have to wait.
I probably see better than many with cataracts that need the procedure, but know what I have lost in day and night vision compared to years past. Polarized lenses are a must for daytime outside activities.

Odd but I suppose he has a reason. My left got real bad. Of course I put it off too long. It was like looking through 3 pieces of gauze. The other was going that direction. Did the left and 3 weeks later did the right. My guy didn't mention letting the right get ripe.

99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 352 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Odd but I suppose he has a reason. My left got real bad. Of course I put it off too long. It was like looking through 3 pieces of gauze. The other was going that direction. Did the left and 3 weeks later did the right. My guy didn't mention letting the right get ripe.

had mine checked two weeks ago,was told same not quite time yet.probably a n insurance thing

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1416 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It is exactly an insurance thing. I had one eye done and really wanted to get the other one done.

When they were testing my vision after that first one the tech said “are you really sure you can read that?” Catching his drift I said “ you know I can’t read that at all.” He said “thataboy we’ll schedule the other eye in two weeks”

Go get your eyes fixed, it’s literally a miracle!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5317 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post