Bracket Talk
Who makes a bracket to mount a catch can on the back of a BBC

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/6807095896

May 03, 2022, 01:54 PM
scoop
Who makes a bracket to mount a catch can on the back of a BBC
I am new to BBC. Completely new engine. Need a bracket to mount the catch can for my vacuum pump. It will be mounted on the back of the head. In a dragster. Brodix SR 20 heads. Star vacuum pump. Thanks Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.
May 03, 2022, 02:57 PM
Goob
I'd say Bob J Fabrications Razz Cool Big Grin

I'm sure you can justify the cost of a Bridgeport, lathe, band saw, metal brake, drill press, and MIG and TIG welders to your wife.... Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
May 03, 2022, 03:12 PM
1320racer
quote:
Originally posted by scoop:
back of the head.

why wouldn't it be mounted on the front or infront of the engine where the vacuum pump is mounted and plumbed?

May 03, 2022, 03:21 PM
Mike Frizie
Thinking ive seen a few Miller Chassis Dragster with the puke tank at the back of the engine.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471
May 03, 2022, 04:49 PM
1320racer
for the vaccum pump Eek why?
May 04, 2022, 07:17 AM
Jonesz
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
Thinking ive seen a few Miller Chassis Dragster with the puke tank at the back of the engine.

My Miller car is basically mounted just like Ed's
May 04, 2022, 07:19 AM
Undertaker II
I agree with Ed. I think you want the shortest possible line on the discharge side of the pump and down near the blowsheild is the best location. Easy to drain and out of the way. Kevin
May 04, 2022, 07:27 AM
BD104X
Agree with the others... seems like a dumb place to mount it. It's ugly, so why would you want it up on the head where you have to look at it & it's potentially in your way? Mount it low where you can't see it plus gravity is your friend when it comes to moving water vapor.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
May 04, 2022, 11:51 AM
scoop
When my new car gets here (Someday soon I hope!) I will see if it can be mounted low on the frame in front of the engine. The only reason I asked about mounting on the back of the head, was I saw a few like that in the past. My old car had it mounted on the shield behind the driver. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.
May 04, 2022, 04:17 PM
Top355x
Shouldn’t have talked with chassis shop about locations of things so brackets and space would’ve been figured out before hand
May 04, 2022, 04:47 PM
Top355x
That being said mine is mounted on front of head with just one bolt threw bracket on front of head