DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MegaSquirt EFI users?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MegaSquirt EFI users?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Is anybody here well-versed on the Megasquirt EFI stuff?
Specifically the MS2 and CAN-EGT unit

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4526 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I run a ms3pro with 8 o2's on the can bus, maybe i can help.

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1308 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah this CANEGT is supposed to be a breeze to get working with MS3...
I've been messing with this Can controller for a month now and can not get it to play nice with my MS2....keeps telling me to load mystery .ini files...I think I did figure out that .ini files are the same as configuration files..I THINK lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4526 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
here's the mystery INI file https://www.diyautotune.com/wp...une_can-egt.ini_.txt
rename file to *.ini and when it asks, you should be good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr4440,

Posts: 1308 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OH, I have the can-egt.ini file...have no idea how or what to do with it but I have it.....lol

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
You might want to go to www.msextra.com/forums and ask there, because the ms2 and 3 are different when it comes to the canbus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr4440,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
ok, here's what i did,
1st create new project in TS
2nd name project, select "other/browse" load can-egt ini file, click next
3rd select serial if usb is connected to can-egt. if can-egt is connected by can to ms2 click next.

at this point, you on your own. lol I don't have either a ms2 or can-egt

Joe

Ps these instructions seem to be better. https://www.ampefi.com/wp-content/uploads/can-egt.pdf

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
ok, here's what i did,
1st create new project in TS
2nd name project, select "other/browse" load can-egt ini file, click next
3rd select serial if usb is connected to can-egt. if can-egt is connected by can to ms2 click next.

at this point, you on your own. lol I don't have either a ms2 or can-egt

Joe

Ps these instructions seem to be better. https://www.ampefi.com/wp-content/uploads/can-egt.pdf

Well, no joy..... I can only assume this brand-new CANEGT unit is a dead player.....

Dave

F J B