DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    QA1 dd501 shocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QA1 dd501 shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted
Does anyone know who can rebuild revalved these QA1 DD501 shocks? Was told QA1 doesn't rebuild these shocks

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
You might give Dave Connelly a call

https://competitivesuspension.com/

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree on giving Dave a call, but I would strongly consider having a new set built instead of rebuilding

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same 5” stroke QA1 on rear of car for 3 yrs. These replaced the 25+ yr old Aldans that were serviced 1x and wore out in the trailer. I bought these QA1 because they were less expensive with the intent of being throw aways. They work well for my car, especially towing. I looked at AFCOs that were comparable (possibly better) but 50+% more expensive.

Here’s a map of all the QA1 Shock Service & Tuning Centers in the USA.

QA1 Shock Service

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
I’ve talked to these folks and they can rebuild them and make changes to the valving, as well. I have not personally used them, though.

http://kidwellmotorsports.com/

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fastlane is dead on. I used him to freshen a set of single adjustable QA1 shocks and he did a great job. price was right and very quick turn around.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
I’ve talked to these folks and they can rebuild them and make changes to the valving, as well. I have not personally used them, though.

Thanks for posting!!!

I just got my QA1 Stocker Star single adjustable units back from Kidwell Motorsports.

I was also told by others that mine could not be tweaked or repaired.

He customized the settings and curves to exactly what I had wished for, with dyno sheets.
GREAT SERVICE, knowledgeable and friendly, quick turnaround and excellent communications.
I can tell already by my "hand dyno" that he got it perfect.

I'm just kicking myself in the butt for waiting so long, add to that he was local to me until about a year ago, could have hand delivered if I had pulled the trigger sooner.

Thanks Eric for the original topic post. Cool

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1663 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I had QA1 double adjustable shocks on all four corners of the car. I changed out one set to AFCO; I don't remember whether it was the fronts or rear. I was so impressed with the difference after one time at the track. I immediately replaced the other set. Night & day difference between the two brands.

That was when my car was N/A & I'm sure glad I have them now with the ProCharger! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I had QA1 double adjustable shocks on all four corners of the car. I changed out one set to AFCO; I don't remember whether it was the fronts or rear. I was so impressed with the difference after one time at the track. I immediately replaced the other set. Night & day difference between the two brands.

That was when my car was N/A & I'm sure glad I have them now with the ProCharger! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

I run Lakewood 50/50's on the rear, upgraded a couple of years ago from some 1997 Atlas non-gas units. Much smoother ride up the trailer ramps.
The single adjustable fronts are exotic stuff.
Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1663 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:

Thanks for posting!!!

I just got my QA1 Stocker Star single adjustable units back from Kidwell Motorsports.

I was also told by others that mine could not be tweaked or repaired.

He customized the settings and curves to exactly what I had wished for, with dyno sheets.
GREAT SERVICE, knowledgeable and friendly, quick turnaround and excellent communications.
I can tell already by my "hand dyno" that he got it perfect.

I'm just kicking myself in the butt for waiting so long, add to that he was local to me until about a year ago, could have hand delivered if I had pulled the trigger sooner.

Thanks Eric for the original topic post. Cool

Thanks for the follow up! Now we know.

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post