New
Find
Notify
Tools

TH400 Shifter
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Clean neutral keeps the direct drum spinning the same direction & rpm as the driveshaft.

Regular neutral the direct drum spins 2.5 times faster than the driveshaft, opposite direction of driveshaft.

Aluminum rods you need a clean neutral for this reason T400.

As far as the shifter, there's only one doorslammer.

Definitely wouldn't be a reverse pattern

Reverse pattern is a ritual prognostication of ill omen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
99.9% of bracket racers run steel rods and do not neutral their car at the stripe. FYI, Pro Stock engines have steel rods in them too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
99.9% of bracket racers run steel rods and do not neutral their car at the stripe. FYI, Pro Stock engines have steel rods in them too.

Are you critiquing my tech?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Aluminum rods you need a clean neutral

As far as the shifter, there's only one

Not tech, opinion!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Aluminum rods you need a clean neutral

As far as the shifter, there's only one

Not tech, opinion!

No that's your opinion Ed, and it's one without practical experience. You don't build engines, I do. We put the engines I build with aluminum rods, in neutral during shutdown. Any good engine builder wants the engine unloaded on decel aluminum rods. This is tech, yours is opinion without experience.

If a guy asks for a suggestion on a shifter, he's asking for an opinion. This is opinion.

I'm not critiquing anyone's tech, I'm informing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you're not an engine builder, you have a assembled an engine or two in your garage for broke dycks. Again, not tech, your opinion.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I build engines Ed, you don't.

I also build transmissions, you don't.

I also set up ring and pinions, you don't.

This means I do it all, you don't.

Get back to reading your hot rod magazines and leave the engine and transmission building to those of us who do it. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

and you also no longer race NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong

and you also no longer race NahNahTounge

Agree with Ed,

Two big races close to Florida the last two weekends, and the ole nova hasn't come out to play any....

Posts: 123 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
John Force don't race anymore either, until he does.

We're the type who race when we want. It's not an addiction. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you couldn't hold force's jock strap! You're a has been that never was! Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
you couldn't hold force's jock strap! You're a has been that never was! Laughing very hard

You could and, you would after a weekend of racing, if instructed to by John. Smile

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
"Ill omen"........LOL

Knocking the trans out of gear at the stripe is not just for aluminum rod engines.

Has anybody ever mentioned to some of the more well known and successful racing transmission builders to stop building reverse pattern th400's?

Back to the topic......no reply from Turbo Action today.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what's it's for is the go fast crowd not bracket racers which you aren't

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here at Broke Dyck Racing Engines our sbc units with 1" lift camshafts, we warm the oil for the burnout and click the engine off at the stripe, simultaneous to parachute shoot deployment. Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Neither are you (bracket racer)!
Big Grin

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not huh, I've got a winning time slip from 2 weeks ago, you can't show a time slip from 2 years ago! NahNahTounge

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:

Neither are you (bracket racer)!
Big Grin

Big Grin

Not sure when top sportsman stopped being a bracket race?

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
post one of your winning time slips from a round of competition in NHRA Top Sportsman

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not huh, I've got a winning time slip from 2 weeks ago, you can't show a time slip from 2 years ago! NahNahTounge

You got me there!

I might be back

Just hope Atco stays a dragstrip with a new owner.
I got two race cars sitting less than a mile from the track.
I don't see it but it's but possible.
KK knows better, maybe Fletcher, but I doubt it.
Smile

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post