New
Find
Notify
Tools

First S10 Build
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Doing my first chassis build and any advice is appreciated. You can follow it at Stringer fabrication on fb. Its gonna be a 3/4 chassis, 4 link, and 25.5 or close to. The customer, who is an old family friend, supplied with an 84 model truck in good shape and a universal back half, tacked in another truck, that is new, but had been sitting outside awhile(years). Since it's a custom cage, the plan is to get a 7.50 cert. The only issues I'm faced with so far are my 4 link crossmember landing behind the cab, which isn't convenient, and the floor height of the factory frame. I plan to notch all my floor bars 5/8 of an inch where they cross the frame, to end up with a floor height an inch above the factory frame level. It's also going to have aluminum floors and dash.

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jamey,

might be some ideas here.

http://classracer.com/classfor...owthread.php?t=54442

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1846 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here is another link. I am building my first S10 as well. "Project LS10" on www.dragracingonline.com.

Here is link: http://www.dragracingonline.co...ls-10%2c-part-3.html

Stating with all metal, including hood from a durability and ease of use at the track with one person racing it.
Good luck with your project, I am 100% satisfied with ours so far. Currently it is at my son's shop getting wired, finishing brake lines and fuel lines.
After that it will get the engine slid in and trans crossmember fabricated.
Paint will be applied when I get back to Iowa in May-June.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey thank you guys a ton for the links, I actually hadn't found either one of those before

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post