Find
Notify
Tools

Wiring door car
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
Getting ready to re-wire my 94 lumina over the winter. I’m looking for ideas on how you mounted everything and why
Would really appreciate pictures. If you can’t post pictures I can give you my email address
Thanks in advance

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.yellowbullet.com/f...wthread.php?t=431340
Thanks to photobucket a lot of the pics are gone but this is an incredible thread that will suck up hours of your time.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
He is a hint...Do not mount a Grid system directly to Carbon Fiber! I have not personally experienced an issue, but received information from MSD that they have.

I would post pics, but not sure of the easiest host to use since Photobucket went to ****.

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OhiomafiaWireGuy:
He is a hint...Do not mount a Grid system directly to Carbon Fiber! I have not personally experienced an issue, but received information from MSD that they have.

I would post pics, but not sure of the easiest host to use since Photobucket went to ****.

THIS for posting pics.

I like these ABS Sheets that you recommended for mounting items.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
I wired my '87 mustang coupe several years ago. It was a total great job from what I was told and I had a split 12 and 16 volt systems. I ran the primary welding cables from the trunk bulkhead thru the back using Jegs thru connectors which ran along the floor next to the door sill, then up the firewall under the dash and thru the firewall. There was a 1/0 positive, a negative and #2 positive cable for the alternator. I ran grounds from each head and also grounded the frame to that ground cable. On the positive cable I taped for the starter main power as well as my fan power. I had relays to control both. I had absolutely no power problems. Now the coupe is back halfed I find it a challenge to run the cables as access to the trunk area to the interior and routing is looking to be a nightmare. I want to keep everything isolated from moving parts as its does have a 4 link suspension and the fuel system with lines. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PineApple Express Racing:
I wired my '87 mustang coupe several years ago. It was a total great job from what I was told and I had a split 12 and 16 volt systems. I ran the primary welding cables from the trunk bulkhead thru the back using Jegs thru connectors which ran along the floor next to the door sill, then up the firewall under the dash and thru the firewall. There was a 1/0 positive, a negative and #2 positive cable for the alternator. I ran grounds from each head and also grounded the frame to that ground cable. On the positive cable I taped for the starter main power as well as my fan power. I had relays to control both. I had absolutely no power problems. Now the coupe is back halfed I find it a challenge to run the cables as access to the trunk area to the interior and routing is looking to be a nightmare. I want to keep everything isolated from moving parts as its does have a 4 link suspension and the fuel system with lines. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Why did you separate 12v and 16v?? All electronics will run good on 16v. Just wondering

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
Ford EEC IV if subject to anything over 13.5 volts or so will fry the factory computer. That is why I ran dual voltage batteries. Now I am going to use the Holley Dominator and build my entire power system with no factory electronics.

Chuck
PAE

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post