DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer flooring and Door questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer flooring and Door questions
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted
Hello all,

I have the rubber coin flooring in my trailer and over the years, it has bunch up in a couple places. Any tips or tricks out there to smooth it.

I also have wide trailer doors and over the years it has sagged. Its not the door itself, but in the piano hinge is pulling away. It is riveted to the door frame. Was considering a two options, one was replacing the piano hinge with a better hinge that I can reinforce into wall and spread the load. The other is to cut the door in half .

Any advice or tips?

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
my trailer had a coin floor that started looking bad so I pulled it up and put down aluminum diamond plate. easy to do and looks a lot better.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
check out Challanger Door in Indiana changing complete door not that hard on the floor -no help sorry

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
my trailer had a coin floor that started looking bad so I pulled it up and put down aluminum diamond plate. easy to do and looks a lot better.

ep

Yeah, I thought about that but all the diamonds left marks in the slicks and front tires, and sliding under the car would be a pain, so I went with .060 smooth sheer and never looked back. Peeps said it would be slippery and it was not. Occasionally if some oil gets on it maybe. Mop it with some lacquer thinner and it is fine. About 15 years and it is probably due for a good DA sanding to make it look better, but after all it is in reality a trailer that hauls and stores a race car.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Somewhat related:

I removed the carpet from the rear door and discovered that it was significantly easier to raise and lower the door. I decided to not replace the carpet but simply painted the door, (light grey) .

I also marked the floor of the door with centering alignment marks. I also attached a tennis ball to a string then attached the other end to the ceiling so it strikes the front of the Roadster roll cage. End result is that the car is perfectly centered every time.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post