DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Transynd fluid difference
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transynd fluid difference
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering how much difference it transynd transmission fluid and others. How much better for temp control and clutch wear?

Not asking if I needed it since very few runs on any other such. Just how much better is the fluid.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
use the search function tons of info available

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Compared to Type F? Its generations ahead.

I recommend 668 to everyone now. https://www.allisontransmissio...ds/on-highway-fluids

No one on this planet is going to have enough statistical data to declare much better it works than anything else in high performance applications with high confidence - but we see less gear wear, bearing failure, and better temps with 668. The most knowledgeable people I know - who do what I do - recommend it.

And the next post will be someone that has had good luck running Type F since 1971. And that's fine, too. My perspective is from being a manufacturer of the hard parts and a company that is on the assembly side of things, too.

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
As compared to type F, will Transynd tighten the converter up a bit?

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recommend 668 to everyone now

Thank You for sharing this advice and I agree.

mem - think ed was dead on posting this when it was 295 formula

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon@BTE:
Compared to Type F? Its generations ahead.

I recommend 668 to everyone now. https://www.allisontransmissio...ds/on-highway-fluids

No one on this planet is going to have enough statistical data to declare much better it works than anything else in high performance applications with high confidence - but we see less gear wear, bearing failure, and better temps with 668. The most knowledgeable people I know - who do what I do - recommend it.

And the next post will be someone that has had good luck running Type F since 1971. And that's fine, too. My perspective is from being a manufacturer of the hard parts and a company that is on the assembly side of things, too.

Actually, folks in your position opinions are highly appreciated. While may not have lab-tested data. What those who build and/or repair transmission in this case is better data in my opinion.

Thanks for reply.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Allred:
As compared to type F, will Transynd tighten the converter up a bit?

I was told it would be no different but mine tightened up 150-200.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ok Brian sold me on wear factor. How about heat
Have heard runs 20* or more cooler. Not sure what one would use to compare since probably different runs different weather one to other. But still if seen a difference let me know.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have seen no difference in operating temps, but in my job I'll tell you this: Transynd can take much higher temps than other forms of ATF without degradation or other issues. So if you have to hot lap and your trans isn't getting cooled as well as you'd like, the fluid will hold up much better than others. As to how well it will protect a trans, just pull apart an Allison with 500,000 hard miles on it that has been properly serviced and you'll learn all you need to know. I think its the best fluid available at any cost.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
ok this manhy agreeing on this site/ he11 has to be awesome. Just ordered two gallons from amazon. Heck just cahs mother n law gave everyone and grand fro Christmas. Figure best not to mention it went for car and some gun stuff, Nice lady just liberal as he11,LOL

On the serious side thanks, guys.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Agree with Brandon 1000%.

In my use and testing, i see no difference in stall from dextron vi/mercon lv to the transynd 668. It is several hundred rpm looser than hydraulic oil tho

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2x4b4fun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Agree with Brandon 1000%.

In my use and testing, i see no difference in stall from dextron vi/mercon lv to the transynd 668. It is several hundred rpm looser than hydraulic oil tho

X2

Posts: 4 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: July 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Now you are scaring me with all agreeing.LOL