DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    eastwood internal ceramic coating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eastwood internal ceramic coating
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering if anyone has tried eastwoods internal ceramic spray coating? Soundsw like snake oil and hard to buy it staying on inside of pipes. Been fooled before. Had few good reviews but we know how reliable that can be.

Anyone used it?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4444 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Never tried their internal coatings. I have used their powder coat though.

I use Cerakote internal coatings. I used their Cerakote V Series Piston Coat, good for 1800*, and their Micro Slick Dry Film Lubricant Coating. I also used their Glacier Black coating and painted my blower case and intake. I didn't want to oven cure powder coat on them.

You asked about coating your pushrods earlier. I would think about using a DLC (Diamond Like Coating) on them if anything. Not sure about cost or where. A while back that was the hot stuff especially for lifters.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3338 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Think I will do new zoomie tubes half and half to see the difference is.

I am going to also do inside of harley pipes. If works will make the old' lady happy and has to be lighter than heat shields that seem to have disappeared.

Posts: 4444 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Used in my zoomies. with no other changes exhaust temp went up 150 degrees.heat stayed in pipes

Posts: 13 | Location: maryland | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
HAa not thought about exhaust temps. Will be something to watch if do zoomies. I thought it was suppose to keep heat out of pipes. I may have to do one side first to see difference or half of one side.

Thanks spookie.