DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    3rd gen Camaro master cylinder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3rd gen Camaro master cylinder
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I'm changing the brakes on a 1983 Camaro to Strange 4 piston front and rear disc brakes from factory disc/drum brakes. I'm trying to find a master cylinder that will work with the factory firewall mount. I ordered the Strange B3359T, 1.125 bore master cylinder with mount kit. I'd rather find a bolt up master cylinder if one is available than have to modify the firewall and brake pedal. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
'63-'82 Corvette manual brakes.

Don't forget some sort of positive push rod retention.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Look up “manual brakes.com”. They will probably have what you’re looking for.

Posts: 496 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
'63-'82 Corvette manual brakes.

Don't forget some sort of positive push rod retention.

This is not correct... those years of Corvette had around 5 different master cylinders and '63 - early '65 were drum brakes.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can get enough pedal ratio without moving the MC up. I plated my firewall and moved the MC up and moved the pin on the pedal. I still have factory disc up front and drum in rear. I've used 70's GM truck MC and then a Chrysler aluminum MC. No matter what you do be sure to make it so the actuator rod can't fall out if the pedal gets pulled back. The truck MC had a retainer clip so the rod locked in. For the Mopar style I pulled the pedal bracket and mocked it up on the bench and welded in a guide plate for the rod so it stays in place no matter what. The firewalls on these cars are thin so an additional support wouldn't hurt.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post