DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air bag helpers for Chevrolet K2500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air bag helpers for Chevrolet K2500
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Anyone installed a set on their tow vehicle? Any better brand?, I see Air Lift and Firestone. My truck squats a little more than I'd like when I pull my enclosed. I use a lift bar system, just looking to make it a little better.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have put air bags on my last 2 pickups and my Class C Motorhome...

No real difference in brands from what I see.

I like the idea of being able to add air or not and generally put 50-60lbs in them when towing...

I had a Lance camper and installed the air bags to help carry that weight.....worked perfect.

Trucks towed better with some air in the air bags even without the camper.

Never leaked and not to hard to install.

The Motorhome install was a lot more difficult but I think they help.....

I ran the air lines out to the back bumper on each vehicle....separate lines for right and left....

I think I used the Air Lift brand on 2 and the Firestone on 1....All worked fine...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
An onboard air compressor with a leveling valve makes airbags a no-brainer. I've had them on two different dually's and wouldn't do it any other way. Firestone bags, Airlift pump/valve..... Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm about to do this to my truck and RV. My 1/2 ton diesel truck will get air bags, connected to common valve to equalize pressure. The Class C RV is getting air springs. I've been told to use separate air lines. This allows for some leveling of the RV when camping on uneven ground.

Posts: 2 | Location: Western Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't want an onboard compressor, just air lines. Looks easy enough to install and cheap enough. So no real difference between brands?

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have airlift for my Lowered dually.
Easy to install

Posts: 4 | Location: st clair | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I installed some on my Excursion made a big difference. I believe they were firestone. Easy to install and came with all the hardware.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have installed both. Firestone my preference. Both, however, are good.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I have put AirLift on 2 trucks. Great product, easy install, no issues at all.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I installed Firestone airbags on my Tundra. It was a very easy installation.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post