DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Yukon center section
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yukon center section
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a Yukon 9 inch ford center section. This one is the through bolt type. Torque specs were not included in the box or with the assembly kit. It’s all together but now I need to torque the bolts. Normally I can find this kind of stuff but am coming up blank this time.

Posts: 494 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Strange says 35 lb/ft for attaching the case to the housing. Don’t see why brand would make a difference here.

https://www.strangeengineering...9-inch-torque-specs/

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I found that chart on strange website. It’s a through bolt case and was wondering if the main cap torque is the same. The chart says call cases.

Posts: 494 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think you will be safe by torquing the bolts to a spec related to the bolt size. That is, if it is a 7/16" bolt 65 torque would be proper. Google should provide a chart for all common sizes.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Here are some specs from Strange

ll Specs from Strange

Funny it doesn't give the thru bolt spec though.

Here's more from Strange.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
5 oooga doogas.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post