DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    King Racing HP Bearings - Good?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

King Racing HP Bearings - Good?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN:
the bearing shells were the issue, they where inconsistent. It took 2 standard sets.

Oh wow, you bought another set of King rod and main bearings, and the second set checked out good?

Or used both sets to achieve preferred clearances?
My supplier got me another set, and yes, between the 2 sets I was able to get a good set with a couple decent for the shelf. These were rod bearings, the mains were fine. I understand what you are saying about the crankshaft journal tolerance, I have been down that road with customers that have bought their own junk and dropped it off. I have also talked to others that have had the same issue with the rod bearings. Just my experience and sharing since questions were asked.

I appreciate your input Sir, it's informative, useful.

The older I get, the more sets of bearings it seems to take, also. I get it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer kinda says it all and I am with him. We have been using Clevites for ever although I have used Child and Albert also in the early 90s. Do not know the price difference but think if no matter what it cost 1320racer will pay for what is considered to be superior in that area and I will too. It may be a piece of mind thing. As far as bearing sets go for the BBC I have collected a cabinet full of new just because I forget what I have and have had a lot of years to accumulate kinda like a horder.

Posts: 321 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I've ran both and both worked very well. Have clevites now though, because I can get them from Rock Auto fairly cheap and they have them in stock....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post