DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R Shift Wiring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R Shift Wiring
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted
OK guy's I'm confused (naturally)..
Wiring my door car and using a K&R wiring system, with a Grid.
Switch Panel, Super Duty kit, K&R delay box.
If I want to wire it to either shift on time or rpm where do the wires land.
I understand since the delay timer controls the timed shift it comes off the circuit board from the terminals "air shifter" (bottom right of board. I assume the signal from the delay box is connected to the "timer" terminal?
But if I want to shift on rpm I switch the harness at the jumpers. Where does the input (MSD Yellow wire) signal connect at? Timer or RAS? Bottom Left.

Thanks

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
RAS= RPM activated switch

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Suggestion… Land both the Grid Yellow (Shift Light) and Brown/White (Output Switch) on the RAS terminal. This gives you the ability to use the Timer function in Output Switch if desired. If shifting by RPM in Grid you want to use the Shift Light function. It is the Most accurate for Grid programmed rpm output…..GUARANTEED!

Every K&R relay board that I’ve viewed after wired, has only the B/W Output Switch wired to the RAS terminal. Why? Because that’s what K&R shows in the wiring diagram. It’s incorrect wiring and function use for shifting using RPM.

If Grid is your only data acquisition and you use it, land the Pink Step 1 wire on the TIMER terminal along with the timer output from the delay box. Step 1 will not be programmed to do anything as it will serve as the marker of when the output from delay box activated.

Posts: 2610 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks
Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
RAS= RPM activated switch

Smile

Thanks
Dave