Find
Notify
Tools

M/T #3080
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
does anybody know if these are still available? these are a 15x33x15S

Posts: 42 | Location: HOLLEY,NY,USA | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAKEFECT:
does anybody know if these are still available? these are a 15x33x15S

I got a set from my local hot rod shop who has a close friend of Goodyear dealer! He will check with him , only problem is we are way out in the west!

Nick

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Try calling MT direct. The tire truck guys say that no tires have actually been discontinued.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
Try calling MT direct. The tire truck guys say that no tires have actually been discontinued.

This. Try calling Shelby Carter-Maxwell inc. These guys run the Goodyear, M/T truck that goes to the races. (336) 884-0328

Posts: 717 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here’s the MT 2022 catalog from last year. P25

https://www.mickeythompsontire.../MT-2022-CATALOG.pdf

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
They have not been readily available for well over a year. If you have a national event near you they may have them on the truck. MT told me the tire trucks have 1st shot at getting them. The 30771 is a very good tire as well if it would work on your car. I can run either of them both work very well. They are also tough to get but I did just buy 2 pair from Summit a few weeks ago.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I had a set of 3080 i got last year and tried to sell everywhere including here and everyone just ****ed me around.I literally sold them today to a guy from canada on his way back from numidia.Glad to see em go!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
I bought a set off the truck at the Bristol Fall Fling last year. It works great on our dragster hope to continue to be able to find them.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
They have not been readily available for well over a year. If you have a national event near you they may have them on the truck. MT told me the tire trucks have 1st shot at getting them. The 30771 is a very good tire as well if it would work on your car. I can run either of them both work very well. They are also tough to get but I did just buy 2 pair from Summit a few weeks ago.
did you notice any trap rpm difference using the shorter 30771?cant find the 3080 tire

Posts: 42 | Location: HOLLEY,NY,USA | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I switched but if I remember correctly there was roughly 50-75 rpm difference between them. I was told the 16" wide tire would grow more than the 15" but I can't confirm that is true.
I would also ask for the biggest rollout they have if you decide to try them. I've had them as small as 101" and the last set was 103 rollout. I measure them after setting for 24 hours with 10 lbs in them.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post