DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Guys w/ HI-lo Vavlevody?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guys w/ HI-lo Vavlevody?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I have a question for guys running hi/lo setup.

With Fed's just not doing hard smoking burnouts,guess just the physics of the cars. Being the showman I am. LOL I want harder burnout and smokier burnout. Rpm is probably not the answer here.

Has anyone ever used Transbrake in high to start burnout? Kind of like having a clutch and hitting tires harder at the start. Not saying let her rip at 6000. I think getting tire spinning harder before car starts to roll out.

Lets shortcut this. I know have other things to take care of more important. Hopefully most have been addressed.Key word hopefully or until something else decides to jump in. Also onw not important to running the car. I am not worrying about hard burnout just being able to put on a good show when want to.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Some in the no prep racing community use transbrakes to start their burnouts. The one channel I follow, they release in low & immediately shift to high gear (powerglide).

As for the "put on a good show when want to.". Is the show for you or the imaginary spectators at bracket races?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2725 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Some in the no prep racing community use transbrakes to start their burnouts. The one channel I follow, they release in low & immediately shift to high gear (powerglide).

As for the "put on a good show when want to.". Is the show for you or the imaginary spectators at bracket races?

2BKING
Relaxing

Hey, I was racing at a high-dollar bracket race in Bakersfield last week and there were dozens of spectators in the stands. Had to be at least 25-30 people watching....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4526 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Show is more for shows like last weeks cars anf jars in Wilkesboro NC. It was Charity deal. We had the A/fuel car and I had the FED running on 40% enough for some pop-in pipes and good nitro aroma.Kind of Nostalgia A/fuel and Modern A/fuel deal. A good hard tire frying burnout would have made for etertainment for crowd.

Yes the burnouts at a bracket race or T-N-T would be for the fun of it/ Het in alky car I could burn tires to 1/8 mile if wanted to beat on valvetrain . I was fun as hell.LOL

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

2BKING
Relaxing

Hey, I was racing at a high-dollar bracket race in Bakersfield last week and there were dozens of spectators in the stands. Had to be at least 25-30 people watching....

They either sat that race out, broke car already or had lost earlier in the race.