Find
Notify
Tools

TB Valve Bodies
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted
So I had to buy a new trans from FTI last year. No time to do the old one. Now I have time to fix the old one.

I like the FTI alright but the delay in the delay box is exactly the same as the old transmission which has a Hipster brake. I thought I'd have to add more delay.

My HIpster is old like me. It came with the car 20 years ago. Anyone still using the Hipster brake?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you're hunting more delay, JW.

I'm double O on 370 Pro Tree with one. Bradenton.

Factory cond Nova on a little 10 x 28 tire.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I used the Hispter Iron Pro Tree VB more than once and never found anything quicker...First time I used one was around 1989-1990...

My good buddy used the Hipster Aluminum Pro Tree VB and won a lot of races and titles in S/G

I tried a Coan Aluminum VB and it was not faster than the Hipster Iron and I had trouble with it right from the start.....
I Had to work on it to fix the sticking valve and after that it was ok...but not worth the time or effort.

The Hipster was my choice

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, I bought a TB valve body from ATI 25+ years ago and was told that the Hipster was slightly quicker from the ATI salesman.

ATI has always treated me well. Convertors, transmissions,parts and contingency money.

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post