DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ron’s Injection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron’s Injection
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
My 421 0 1/2 pump with 33 nozzles I had to run a 130 pill to get rid of the miss. 31/98 pill worked ok but I changed pump to an 0 pump and the car is way more consistent running 33/94 pill then it was with the 0 1/2 pump. Everyone says the pump it to small and maybe it is. Only 45psi but it runs the most consistent with the lower psi

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have ran over 150 PSI and I have ran 40 PSI all works the same when tune up is right.

What is important is getting the right amount of pounds of fuel per horsepower and it does not know or care what the fuel pressure is with in reason.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4026 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ This

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
What kind of A/F ratio's are you guys with o2's seeing?

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Two cents to think about:

First unless you have a stout SBC the 0 pump is likely the one you should use. The larger pumps don't fit the fuel curve those motors need so the only fix is lean out(s)! because you can't get enough fuel down low without getting too much up top or just the opposite. Pressure is a function of supply vs restriction but a high pressure tune works better once you start making more than 1.8 - 1.9 HP/CID. Before James Monroe got involved with these systems I saw many struggle to get them to run correctly because these systems were too big. The easiest way to tune a system that needs a hi speed bypass is with a data logger with O2 and fuel pressure vs rpm. O2 on a gas scale about 11.8 but it could vary depending on the sensors and the motor. Without this info, good luck! Lot's of trial and error.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I’m running mine at 4.8-4.9 and it’s the most consistent there. I don’t see how anyone could run the 0 1/2 with a small block unless it’s healthy. With the 0 pump I’m running a high speed leanout to get the fuel curve close. Like top said the car will leave fat. Lean out in the middle then go fat, 02 and fuel psi is the only way to get it right. I’m building a 447 and hoping to be a touch over 800hp and I’m not planing on changing pumps

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post