DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    SFI update 6.0-7.49 for dragsters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFI update 6.0-7.49 for dragsters
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My 2003 Racetech has been 6.0 stickered numerous times...3 or 4 times since I've owned it...

I look at the pictures and my car and can't make a lot of sense out of what I'm looking at

Top upper frame slides into main hoop and has a rosette visible but the rosette is out beyond roll cage down tube. Might be other rosettes but I have a stick on cover over that area to hide some paint chips...

March 26th I go to have it re certified and think it's ok but I guess I'll find out then..

Means very little to me anyway since I don't run faster than 7.50 and don't have the advanced ET or TD license.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
My 2003 Racetech has been 6.0 stickered numerous times...3 or 4 times since I've owned it...

I look at the pictures and my car and can't make a lot of sense out of what I'm looking at

Top upper frame slides into main hoop and has a rosette visible but the rosette is out beyond roll cage down tube. Might be other rosettes but I have a stick on cover over that area to hide some paint chips...

March 26th I go to have it re certified and think it's ok but I guess I'll find out then..

Means very little to me anyway since I don't run faster than 7.50 and don't have the advanced ET or TD license.....

I've sent some pictures of my 98 racetech current 6.0 cert car to the local guy that certs cars and he thinks from the pics that I'm ok.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Our old 98 Racetech was certified right before we sold it for 6.0

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had the car re-certed in Phoenix. No problem at all and it’s certed to 6.0

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got out to an NHRA race and had this new rule come up? If so, any issue with the installation or interpretation of the rule?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Has anyone got out to an NHRA race and had this new rule come up? If so, any issue with the installation or interpretation of the rule?

Dave just had my 2000 Yancer recerted. Nothing was said about new updates being required.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, that's pretty cool then. Its on my list (a very long list) of things to get to before I leave for the Fling. Now I can move it down some to make sure I get to the "gotta do" things in time....
Thanks for chiming in bud.....

P.S. Where did you get the chassis cert'd? Mines 2 yrs expired.....wonder if one of the cert guys will be at the Fling? I want to get there a day or two early in case they have a TnT day of some kind. Been like 4 yrs since I let go of the button....might need a lap or two to get back in race shape..lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Whiled I am probably not required to have this for my FED, especially since I wnet one spec further than required to start with, I see where it might add some extra strength. Since I do not powder coat chassis and normally don't paint.It is easy addition and I will be adding it. Hell to old to bypass a safety piece that might help in case of shyt happens.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
New 6.0 sticker on my car as of this morning

No issues whatsoever on my 2003 RaceTech

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
imakehp do you really think they will check certs?? pay your $$ and it's all good.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Seriously? In todays world they may check for contaminated air in the tires. Cancer causing oil in the engine.
I'm assuming the starter will be checking for masks under your helmet at the line. lol

Point is nothing surprises me now days. Just a bit of a trip to have to turn around and come home.

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
New 6.0 sticker on my car as of this morning

No issues whatsoever

Same here

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Bob Nixon did my car and that was the third time he has done it. 6.0 Cert but there is really no need for it since I will never be going faster than 7.50 one way or the other....

I did ask him about the spec mentioned earlier in this thread but it was a non issue to him and what I thought about the drawings was about correct. My car was fine in that area....

A cold rainy morning and I was home by 11am

My car is race ready with a new cam, all new valves, fresh heads, a re-certed trans case. Has been run tested at home and is good to go and I WILL be doing some racing in 2022 ....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Rich

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post