DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Swing Arm Mono shock question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swing Arm Mono shock question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hello,
How much extention is required of the shock during launch? Shock is about 15.25" hole to hole now. Ohlins TTX36. I see the ratio matters as well as the angle of the shock.

Any pros and cons to having the anti roll bar in play with a swing arm set up? I see swing arm mono dragsters with and with out the anti roll. Is it really required?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quicksilver,

Posts: 8 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Hello,
How much extention is required of the shock during launch? Shock is about 15.25" hole to hole now. Ohlins TTX36. I see the ratio matters as well as the angle of the shock.

Any pros and cons to having the anti roll bar in play with a swing arm set up? I see swing arm mono dragsters with and with out the anti roll. Is it really required?

Thanks!

So you have 4.5" of shaft showing, I'd probably like a minimum 4" possibly, but it depends on how flat the damper is in the car at ride height, the angle.

How many clicks do you run the rebound clicker back from full tight (counter clockwise)?

The fast cars have the ARB, probably (guess) 1050 hp and up. I'd leave the ARB, if I had 950 hp.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, there is 4.5" of shaft showing as it sits here new in a box. We have never run a shock and will be converting the car from hardtail. Planning on shock mounts with 2 or 3 holes to have some adjustability as we have everything to figure out, fab and learn.

Thanks for the feedback

Posts: 8 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post