DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Another Nasty Wreck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Nasty Wreck
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
Driver OK.... and its a borrowed car.. Crazy no prep deal.

https://www.facebook.com/scott...wMzQxMDY3OTY4OTQ4Nw/

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games win stupid prizes....

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am sorry but I have no sympathy for that one, he got loose got out of it (Good) but then was able to get back in it to destroy the car.

I have seen that probably over 100 times where they get out of it and then get back in before the chassis settles and crash the car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
Hell, I heard he was 14 and was a house car. HMMMM

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLIND MULE 2217:
Hell, I heard he was 14 and was a house car. HMMMM

Lol!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I also have no sympathy for that one. If you want to race high HP cars on no prep, expect there to be damage. He got off the throttle which means he lost the race. Never try to be a hero and try to get back on the throttle.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Yup, he over drove it.
Anyone want to comment on the low 1960s guard rails?

I almost hate to admit that I am no longer bullet proof but those guardrails weren't a good thing in the 60s much less now and would have kept me from even going down that track.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There are no victims, only volunteers.

Posts: 181 | Location: COLUMBUS | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
More money than brains, lots more money than brains.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Don't know if its true but I read that it wasn't even his car, he borrowed it for this race. If so the car owner is dumber than the driver

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post