DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hydraulic Tongue Jack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydraulic Tongue Jack
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted
I'm thinking about replacing the electric tongue jack on my 32' trailer with a hydraulic unit. I searched the threads and it looks like a lot of good conversations but they're a couple years old.

Is Equalizer still the leader in the industry or are there other options? Also who is the best to buy from. This will be the standard 3 bolt flange.

Posts: 22 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
which ever brand get the longer ,bigger shaft

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1459 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
bigfoot is good also

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1459 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR2010:
Is Equalizer still the leader in the industry

Yes, none better.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
This is the one I'm looking at. I'm not sure if it has the larger shaft but it's the only one I see that is a 3 bolt flange replacement. https://eqsystems.us/product-c...l-motorsports-cargo/

Posts: 22 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by SR2010:
Is Equalizer still the leader in the industry

Yes, none better.

Mine is 8 years old and never had any issues with it. Fast and powerful

Posts: 2523 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
SL 24 Heavy Duty/Stacker Trailer Jack
if you get this one it mounts back near box.has the bigger shaft and enough length to never need blocks.mine although a bigfoot is like the one you posted and i do have to use blocks.it does work fine other than that.also i welded in a support at the bottom of the mount to keep the top mount from flexing when jacked all of the way up

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just installed one of these on my new trailer: https://www.stillwelljacks.com...sman-hydraulic-jack/

I put the power unit in the generator compartment above the battery so it’s out of the way. Stillwell also makes that jack with the power unit integrated like the equalizer. Note that the Stillwell has a larger bolt pattern than a standard jack so it’s not a direct replacement even though I’ve seen it advertised to be. Not sure about the equalizer.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I got the same model Ed did for my trailer. Since it was designed to bolt to a mount on the frame, and I didn't have that, I made my own mount. It was expensive but I haven't regretted it for a minute. With the old electric I had, it took forever to raise the trailer and it barely did at that.....the hydraulic one though.....less than 10 seconds fully extended, less than that fully retracted. Best money ever spent on upgrades to my trailer.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1520 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post