DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cost of custom pistons for bbc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cost of custom pistons for bbc.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
After getting quotes on new pistons for Hemi I was wondering how much extra expense compared to bBC. Figure since custom rods lenghts and high compression only fair comparison would be custon BBC pistons as off the shelf pistons have to be cheaper.\

What you guys paying for pistons.

Quotes are between 1400 and 1500 for 10 set, Yea only cylinders. always buy backups if custom piston since singles are almost unheard of if something happens.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just got a set (8) from Racetec for a 392 that I'm building for one of my '40 Fords and they hit my door at $798. I had them made for a .990" pin because I'm using a BBC rod. They will make a "shelf" piston with up to 2 changes no extra charge. I understand it would be a different forging for your Hemi but......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I think my last set of blower pistons from Diamond was around $1800 with pins and locks

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My newest ones from JE were $2400

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
danjg maybe mine not so bad after all. I did use my wrist pins biut had to buy buttons

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
My last set from Diamond were around $1600 without pins. We reused my old DLC coated pins.

True custom due to large dowel shift on the cylinder heads.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post