DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MegaSquirt users?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MegaSquirt users?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Does anybody on the board use MS EFI and/or know it well?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
What are you wanting to do?

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, and I don't know anything well. But I can try to answer questions.
MS3 Pro Ultimate in both of our cars.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trying to connect the EGT to CAN box to my MS2 V3.0 and I can't get the box to connect with the MS or to the pc through USB..... I'm getting firmware mismatch errors. And the manual for it is as cryptic as other MS manuals...What I need is for someone to explain to me (over the phone?) what to do, start to finish, as if I'm Megasquirt dumb. Which I am mostly. lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If the CAN box is newer, it may require the MS controller version to be upgraded to what the CAN box will communicate with….. is my guess as I do Not know or use MS. If you can find the literature on the CAN box, they might list the required software version needed for communication.

Might be something like having the correct Virtual COM Port Driver

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not fluid with the canbus deal. Firmware update may not be a bad thing. Fella in this area, Midwest Megasquirt, is very sharp. He would be a place to start. Devin Shannon is his name. He's on facebook as well.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Found him and sent a text. Hope he's receptive to helping me out.

Thanks for the lead no matter how it turns out..

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the lead no matter how it turns out..

I almost made this comment on another thread regarding paint guns. It's very gratifying to be involved with a board such as this. Where there is a wealth of knowledge/experience and by those that are willing to share. I might add both threads had yet to be infected by any disrupted.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Common courtesy needs to become common again is all....

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Dave

You might consider asking on this forum, there are some super sharp people on there.

https://www.msextra.com/forums/index.php

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
Dave

You might consider asking on this forum, there are some super sharp people on there.

https://www.msextra.com/forums/index.php

Wow, a lot of knowledge there huh? Thanks
Joe

Dave

F J B