Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
holley efi
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
posted
thinking about going holley hp efi with the pro600 cdi 8 channel and 8232 coil w/ holley 220pph injectors.
anybody running this setup with any success? power adder would be procharger.
holley telling me its incedibly consistent but i remember mike coughlin telling me it was not consistent with weather change on his dragster
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What fuel and power level?


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What fuel and power level?

methanol and aprox 2400-2500hp
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I cannot comment on the system other than plenty of people use them successfully.
Injector wise, one set of those injectors I would only trust to 1000 hp maybe 1100. Two sets, twice that. That's my experience with another brand of 220's.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
220# injectors are no where even remotely close for alcohol.
You need 500#+ additional for what you're thinking.
Not sure it's a good idea for you, seeing as you have enough trouble with one jet and a distributor.


6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself
 
Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
220# injectors are no where even remotely close for alc

I think someone is clueless..holley saying they support 3000 hp
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Set of 8
Minitimer Connectors (EV1/Bosch Style)
Low impedance (2.27 Ohms) for use with peak and hold drivers
Rated injector flow: 220 lb/hr @ 43.5 PSI
Supports over 3000 horsepower
4 Hole Orifice - Pencil cone spray pattern
Maximum recommended fuel pressure: 75 PSI
Injector Off Time provided in the Holley EFI software
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Life would be a lot simpler and faster if you just get a bigger better blower

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,
 
Posts: 2371 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Set of 8
Minitimer Connectors (EV1/Bosch Style)
Low impedance (2.27 Ohms) for use with peak and hold drivers
Rated injector flow: 220 lb/hr @ 43.5 PSI
Supports over 3000 horsepower
4 Hole Orifice - Pencil cone spray pattern
Maximum recommended fuel pressure: 75 PSI
Injector Off Time provided in the Holley EFI software


Are those stats based on gas?


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3135 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Set of 8
Minitimer Connectors (EV1/Bosch Style)
Low impedance (2.27 Ohms) for use with peak and hold drivers
Rated injector flow: 220 lb/hr @ 43.5 PSI
Supports over 3000 horsepower
4 Hole Orifice - Pencil cone spray pattern
Maximum recommended fuel pressure: 75 PSI
Injector Off Time provided in the Holley EFI software


Are those stats based on gas?


As the resident clueless one, I’m gonna say yes. Lol
Offer up info and experience and get called names.
But perhaps he will let us know how 2500, or 1500 hp goes on eight 220’s


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
That 3000 hp rating is for gas.
Typical BSFC for alcohol is 1.0, but it's higher for boosted applications, so use 1.80.
2500 x 1.80 = 4500 (pph)
Take 4500 and divide by 8 (# of injectors) and you get 562.5.
You don't want to go above 80% duty cycle, so 562.5 ÷ .80 = 703.125.
You need at least that big of an injector. I would use 750 pph Billet Atomizers.
I have a friend that just put that ignition on his X275 car. He said night and day difference.
As for the consistency, there are a few things that can be done to make that setup deadly, and it's much easier to do with EFI.
 
Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

holley telling me its incedibly consistent but i remember mike coughlin telling me it was not consistent with weather change on his dragster


Bingo


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1508 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
220# injectors are no where even remotely close for alc

I think someone is clueless..holley saying they support 3000 hp


I run one set 0f 700#’s


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1508 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:
That 3000 hp rating is for gas.
Typical BSFC for alcohol is 1.0, but it's higher for boosted applications, so use 1.80.
2500 x 1.80 = 4500 (pph)
Take 4500 and divide by 8 (# of injectors) and you get 562.5.
You don't want to go above 80% duty cycle, so 562.5 ÷ .80 = 703.125.
You need at least that big of an injector. I would use 750 pph Billet Atomizers.
I have a friend that just put that ignition on his X275 car. He said night and day difference.
As for the consistency, there are a few things that can be done to make that setup deadly, and it's much easier to do with EFI.


That's about my estimate above before applying the 85% which is a good idea.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
220# injectors are no where even remotely close for alc

I think someone is clueless..holley saying they support 3000 hp


I run one set 0f 700#’s


Injectors of that size are not cheap. Whew!

I run 220's plus a set of 8 mfi injectors that are fed by a fuel solenoid under boost. Actually works very well. Just use the 220's to trim the tune. Nice to have no expensive injectors. But...if you lose an injector for some reason, you likely torch that cylinder instead of just dropping it. Any multiple injector set up has that drawback.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Set of 8
Minitimer Connectors (EV1/Bosch Style)
Low impedance (2.27 Ohms) for use with peak and hold drivers
Rated injector flow: 220 lb/hr @ 43.5 PSI
Supports over 3000 horsepower
4 Hole Orifice - Pencil cone spray pattern
Maximum recommended fuel pressure: 75 PSI
Injector Off Time provided in the Holley EFI software

^^Pretty sure that is based on race gas.^^


If any one is interested I have the FAST EFI 2.0 for sale.
New ecu board. has data record plus 16 injector drivers.
Has under hat plate to accommodate 16 injectors plus custom fuel rails and custom injector holders for port injection. 8 Deka 220 lb injectors for the ports and 8 Bosch 160 lb injectors for the hat. Both sets of injectors are low impedance
Aeromotive high volume return style fuel regulator, Can buss with 8 EGT probes, fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor, AIC control 2 and 3 bar map sensor TPS sensor, water temp sensor, manifold temp sensor, fuel line and complete wire loom for a dragster, 16 injector "Y" harness, Brian Massey tune up for 2K+HP Everything you need to go fast with EFI. Just add your blower and pump. PM for any other information


Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
 
Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
3x what's said above (220's will never be enough).

I run a single set of 320's at 60psi base (which makes them 500's) with a Holley Dominator. At 20 lbs of boost I'm at 80-90% duty cycle. Flow is 2400lbs per hour (about 7 gal/minute to cross ref with your flow meter). This is typical 6.35 et @ 216mph run in my 2050lb car.

So yea when you talk to Jack at billet atomizer he's gonna put you in 750's or larger.

Regarding your question on consistency, my car moves a lot with the weather maybe 2x-3x what a regular bracket car moves with weather changes - but it's pretty predictable following the weather station.
 
Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What happened to the OP?


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happened to the OP?

lol im right here!!
it would be 3 injectors per cylinder which supports up to 4000hp...usinh the holley 220ppgx3
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
What happened to the OP?

lol im right here!!
it would be 3 injectors per cylinder which supports up to 4000hp...usinh the holley 220ppgx3


3 sets of injectors will get expensive


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1508 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024