DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Engine Borescope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine Borescope
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Recommendations of actual use?? Go....

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I use mine very rarely. So I went cheap. I got a bore camera off amazon that you can hook up to your laptop screen. Self lighted. Very useful. During covid I had a cracked tooth. I disinfected that sob and took a picture with it for the dentist. Yep....that's a crack.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Teeth man your good.. Let see, mostly looking into
cylinder bores through the spark holes looking at piston burn patters. AKA Flame travel. Used it a couple of times working on a Cat through the injector holes. Oh ya its great too for looking down car doors for ******.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use mine very rarely. So I went cheap.

LOL. I remember when you inquired about bore scopes.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I got the harbor freight one years ago, been ok, screen a little small for my old eyes, but it sufficed. Then I found one one Amazon, I think, that bluetooths to your phone. Lighted, rechargeable and long probe. Like it a lot better.It works good for checking brake lining without pulling wheels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qtrrcr,

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I use mine very rarely. So I went cheap.

LOL. I remember when you inquired about bore scopes.

I didn't even remember that! LOL.
I don't recommend any further than the teeth. Eek

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don't spend a lot of money for a bore scope, you will use it frequently....for a while then pack it away, like I did.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will do. Good advice.

BG

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't spend a lot of money for a bore scope, you will use it frequently....for a while then pack it away, like I did.

No Chinese junk for Ed. I hear he bought his off a retiring proctologist?

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

No Chinese junk for Ed. I hear he bought his off a retiring proctologist?

Not for the broke a22e2 I suppose.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
I have this one. The 3 camera deal is what sold me. Works fine in cylinders and ports, etc.
I am reasonably satisfied with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I bought one on Amazon for $35.00 4 years ago. It connects to a phone or tablet and the picture is pretty good. I don't use it often but it's incredibly handy when I do!
I was getting excessive condensation dripping from the exhaust fan in my bathroom in the cold weather after my home addition. Contractor SWORE the inaccessible metal duct was insulated where it ran through the cold attic... stuck the borescope through the hole in the ceiling for the light fixture and GUESS WHAT? No insulation on the exhaust fan duct.
Then just this past weekend I dropped a nut inside the oil pan of the racecar while installing a new pan.... stuck the borescope in one of the access plugs in the pan and stuck the magnet in one of the other holes... was able to guide the magnet right to the loose nut inside the oil pan while it was still installed on the engine by watching on my phone screen. No way in he11 I was getting that out without dropping the pan if I didn't have the borescope. Definitely worth the $35 I paid for it then and the newer ones probably have an even better picture.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Dave K did you buy the monitor too? Was wondering. Been looking at getting one soon.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Yup, it's all a unit in a little bag.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Cool. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...was able to guide the magnet right to the loose nut inside the oil pan while it was still installed on the engine by watching on my phone screen.

What about the loose nut behind the phone??? Just sayin...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got a wireless unit from Amazon. Works great very happy with the picture and brightness.

DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, iPad, Samsung -Black(11.5FT)

BG

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
What about the loose nut behind the phone??? Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

It's a tool not a miracle!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post