DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Notched floats front and rear??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Notched floats front and rear??
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Any pluses or minuses to running a notched float in the front? This week I have had 2 people they run them like that and even a big carb shop say they send their carbs out like that.

Posts: 1535 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting comment. I have not considered doing so, but I see no problem with it. It would simplify inventory.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1861 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I could see big shops doing that because a lot of dragsters run the carbs on backwards that way they only buy one style

Posts: 414 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
No issue at all.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The more I talk to people about it the more I hear it's common and many new carbs are sold with notched in both ends.
I did just get 2 new floats, both notched, and both are epoxied where the hinge goes to the nitrophyl. I'm guessing this is common also.

Posts: 1535 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Ive had 2 different buddies that were having issues with the "normal" floats. When the car would get in the air, the car was trying to choke. This was a new problem that did start when he put a new set of non notched floats in. Replaced with notched on the front and BOTH cars went faster than they have. Talked to the carb builder and they are finding the non notched floats are not allowing a steady enough fuel to the jets is all that can be figured.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 731 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Interesting, the notched floats I received aren't the big square looking ones with notches like Holley's. They look more like front floats but have notches for the jet extensions.