Find
Notify
Tools

math question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I rarely have to ask a math question. I joke I can not spill name but faster than calculator.
Anyone know formula for figuring distance/speed.

Asking because Nostalgia rules allow for 40" nose on dragsters. So 10 over. Wondering how much et its worth at 140 to 150 mph. Guessing only few thou., but hell I DNQ'd by .002 in TA/D once.
Plus will allow me to mo9ve battery 8 to 10" forward and remove little weight or eliminate need for any.
So 10" shorter track at 145 mph?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
At 1 MPH you move 17.6 inches. If you multiply that times the MPH you want to find and divide that number into the number of inches you want to know the time of.
At 150MPH it comes out to just over 0.0037 seconds.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Heck guess few thou pretty good swag w/o the s part.LOL

Figure et gain minor and biggest gain would be opponent judging taking stripe and while .004 is minor why not have it on your side if rules allow. Well unless breaking out by .004 or less.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post