DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    powerglide band issues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

powerglide band issues
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Note: As per Tom Johnson. Allison Fluid Engineer.
This also applies to using any form of silicone in or around the fluid.

DO NOT introduce RTV (silicone) into the pan as this may result in excessive foaming of the transmission fluid.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
With a turbo heat is the challenge. Procharger - supercharger hard parts become the problem input shafts, output shafts, stator tubes, band screws etc etc etc.

We used one of the first 1.125 input shafts in existence around 2008 Big chief 632 F3R ProCharger 3150 lb Outlaw radial tire car with the main man tuner from Proline
doing the tuning 2500-3000hp.

We'd ring of or twist a 1" input every 18 laps, so when we went 35 spline 1.125 input, it was smooth sailing for 125 laps without the pan off spragless converter.

The stator tube durability issues began when a heavy mechanical diode active stator was put in to play with the 1.125 input, the bigger input requires stator tube thickness reduced. The 1.125 Input is virtually unbreakable durability spragless converter, but I know if you hang a mechanical diode (active stator) on the stator tube, you're asking for problems.

The TranSynd oil is fast.

Some mechanical diodes will destroy any stator tubes. There are many that will not.

Hutch

Posts: 24 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutch:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
With a turbo heat is the challenge. Procharger - supercharger hard parts become the problem input shafts, output shafts, stator tubes, band screws etc etc etc.

We used one of the first 1.125 input shafts in existence around 2008 Big chief 632 F3R ProCharger 3150 lb Outlaw radial tire car with the main man tuner from Proline
doing the tuning 2500-3000hp.

We'd ring of or twist a 1" input every 18 laps, so when we went 35 spline 1.125 input, it was smooth sailing for 125 laps without the pan off spragless converter.

The stator tube durability issues began when a heavy mechanical diode active stator was put in to play with the 1.125 input, the bigger input requires stator tube thickness reduced. The 1.125 Input is virtually unbreakable durability spragless converter, but I know if you hang a mechanical diode (active stator) on the stator tube, you're asking for problems.

The TranSynd oil is fast.

Some mechanical diodes will destroy any stator tubes. There are many that will not.

Hutch

10 4 Roger, I'd suggest those considering taking this approach call you, or discuss it with the builder thoroughly. Mine is just a warning for awareness. We got a little spragless Cortina 9" we're gonna measure in a couple weeks off the trailer SGMP, no test hits. In the event we get outperformed by a car with an active stator converter, I don't see running out to buy a active stator converter. That won't happen.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post