DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Reading E85 Plugs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reading E85 Plugs
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted
Do you read spark plugs running E85 the same as you would methanol?

Posts: 40 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 40 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
E85 will color plugs a little faster than methanol, more carbon in the fuel. Make a few runs and you should see something show.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In my experience with e85 I have found ngk plugs the easiest to read on e85. I think it is something to do with the coating on the plugs.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
btt