DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Which Brodix head
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Brodix head
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted
Looking for real life experiences on which Brodix head would work the best on a 582 BBC bracket engine. Typical 900-1000hp deal with alky injection. Currently has the BB3X 366 cnc heads but thinking about the 380's.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:Typical 900-1000hp deal with alky injection.

MFI or EFI ?

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:Typical 900-1000hp deal with alky injection.

mechanical, Rons stuff

MFI or EFI ?

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
If it has to be Brodix from the research I have done either the 383mc or 395mc would work well. I went with the 375x snipers. I had a couple builders say they hold onto power better past peak. Jim has seen my car run and that's with single carb. Looking into putting tunnel ram on mine, they say it will be .07-.1 quicker with the tunnel ram. At least I think I know what car you are working on. Wink

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
If it has to be Brodix from the research I have done either the 383mc or 395mc would work well. I went with the 375x snipers. I had a couple builders say they hold onto power better past peak. Jim has seen my car run and that's with single carb. Looking into putting tunnel ram on mine, they say it will be .07-.1 quicker with the tunnel ram. At least I think I know what car you are working on. Wink

I forgot to mention that I'm not looking to change pistons or rocker gear.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then my advice is abandon your plan and run what you have or sell the engine and start over.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:

I forgot to mention that I'm not looking to change pistons or rocker gear.

HH 383 non moved center takes std pistons but needs a shaft rocker system.
The profiler 375x like I run takes std pistons and can run stud mount rockers.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Thinking maybe one of the bb3 Xtra series of heads can do what you need

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
DLR,my 582 BB3xtra runs 5.1x-5.20 on gas @2600.What does your car weigh?

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my BB3xtra headed 522 has been a best of 5.50 and runs 5.60s on gas at 3200 lbs. IF I could get 600 lbs. out of it, it would run at least 5.20s. and if I could get it down to your weight Wink even quicker.

quote:
Originally posted October 10, 2020 07:38 PM by dtye:
My car is 2550 w/me

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 26, 2020 02:40 PM Hide Post
my BB3xtra headed 522 has been a best of 5.50 and runs 5.60s on gas at 3200 lbs. IF I could get 600 lbs. out of it, it would run at least 5.20s. and if I could get it down to your weight even quicker.

Yeah,sure it could. Big Grin

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I KNOW it WOULD Razz

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dtye:
DLR,my 582 BB3xtra runs 5.1x-5.20 on gas @2600.What does your car weigh?

car is 2500# and runs 5.1X in decent air and low 5.20's in the heat.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
car is 2500# and runs 5.1X in decent air and low 5.20's in the heat.

I think that's about right,really don't see you picking up much with any other conventional head. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
agreed