New
Find
Notify
Tools

TFX 92
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking at a TFX 92 block for an upcoming build. I have heard both good and bad. Anyone on here with experience with the block?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have two of them. Ran them for years in TA/D. Never issue. Very good piece IMO. I have one in car and one under shelf. Well have three but third has 3 holes and two mains out, not block issue but rods.

If you don't mind me asking what are they asking for it, PM if like.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oil pans are/we're scarce. Oil return passages or slots over camshaft tunnel are not large enough for screw blowers. TFX-92 blocks require an RCD front cover and drive. A KB style made by others like caselle won't fit. Be sure to coordinate the deck oil orifices to match your application and oil type. Been 20 yrs since we ran one but that's what I remember for now...

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Forgot they are raised cam block and require a 48* cam. You can either drill or machine lifter valley for more return, no big deal there. Wizard's Warehouse has oil pans or did year ago.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post