DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    250 blower belts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

250 blower belts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I've been on a search for a belt that lasts...
what manufacture of belt are you guys seeing any life out of?

FYI...i see about 35-50 out of blower drive services belts. Some cheap junk I used in a pinch from amazon lasted 25. the blower shop belt went for 85.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use jones belts

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I use Jones Belts also. Over 250 runs, on a 192 blower. How tight are you running the belt?

Posts: 21 | Location: tampa, florida | Registered: October 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC2694:
How tight are you running the belt?

This plays a factor, I know! Wink

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don’t run it tight. I’ll check out the jones

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Make sure you check it after a run.

Posts: 21 | Location: tampa, florida | Registered: October 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yup. Set it loose, warm the car up and adjust if needed. Then I’ll check after the first pass on the new belt and check it periodically when I jump out after a run.

Unfortunately jones doesn’t carry a belt length i can run with my setup

This message has been edited. Last edited by: I Hate Dragsters,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Yup. Set it loose, warm the car up and adjust if needed. Then I’ll check after the first pass on the new belt and check it periodically when I jump out after a run.

Unfortunately jones doesn’t carry a belt length i can run with my setup

they make any length u want

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ah...guess i oughta give me a call!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
ah...guess i oughta give me a call!

I'll bet you get a buy signal.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
buy or busy??? lol

Spoke with them...nice folks.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
what exactly is happening to the belts? i've not had issues with any that i've tried

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Delaminating of the teeth from the backing