DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    brodix block orings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

brodix block orings
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My brodix aluminum block is seaping water from one of the screw in frost plugs its done it since it was new , anyone know where to get the orings or a part # i cant seem to find them anywhere,thanks in advance.

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Call Brodix?

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i didnt call them i looked at all the usual online places. figured with all the yrs of knowledge on here someone would know. I found the correct size in a oring kit but its high press and quite a bit harder than original oring so i was concerned about breaking the backup flange .

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
obtain the size...McMaster Carr catalog is your friend..Different materials available, probably a bag of 50 or a hundred will cost 10-12 bucks...

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 511camaro:
My brodix aluminum block is seaping water from one of the screw in frost plugs its done it since it was new , anyone know where to get the orings or a part # i cant seem to find them anywhere,thanks in advance.

Why don't you just seal the threads too with silicon? Works for me!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why make it more difficult than it needs to be? You posted 6 hours ago and still are no closer to getting what you need. Just call Brodix and be done with it.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Why don't you just seal the threads too with silicon? Works for me!

Why not keep it extremely simple and do the above? Keep the o-ring you have on and apply some silicone on the threads and flange. Done !

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All good ideas thanks