Glide temp

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/5067088896

June 29, 2022, 08:25 PM
Mike Rietow
Glide temp
quote:
Originally posted by S/S Dart:
Where do you install the pressure gauge as was suggested? and what is the procedure to check Pressures ? Thanks.. I have a High pressure Gauge test kit that we used on Power steering pumps...Gauge is 0-400 I believe...

Out cooler line - Deck it on trans brake.

Should not exceed 130 psi.

Servo cover - Low and high gear holding car still on footbrake. Read pressure above 2000 rpms where it tops out.

Should be 180 psi to around *250 psi - Min-Max.

*could be a little more
June 30, 2022, 07:45 AM
RacerVX54
Update got look at his car last night. The temp sending unit is mounted on them wheelwell of the car about 8 inch's from the header... We all know this isn't ideal. And it has a small log cooler mounted under the car. Ordering a proper cooler to mount in front of the fan on the radiator. There's nothing wrong with the transmission. Within 5 mins of the car running temp gauge was 160 while the trans pans wasnt even warm yet. All the engine compartment heat played a factor in false temp

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
June 30, 2022, 08:15 AM
S/S Dart
Thanks for the info on the Pressure check..
June 30, 2022, 08:40 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by S/S Dart:
Thanks for the info on the Pressure check..

Yes Sir, no sweat.
June 30, 2022, 08:42 AM
Eman
For the pressure check you might also have a port in the side of the transmission with a plug in it, that's for reverse pressure. Some stock cases had it drilled, others there is just a boss that can be drilled and tapped.
To the OP I would still do a pressure test. Do the test and save the readings. In the future if there is a problem a pressure test to compare might pinpoint the problem.