DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valvoline VR-1 deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valvoline VR-1 deal
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Saw Walmart is carrying VR-1 20-50 in 5 quart jugs for $27.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Same price on Amazon and actually has been for a bit, I stocked up in June. Nice because I was starting to think the deals were all in the past!

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
looked today they also have 10w-30 in VR-1 same price.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
This is a pretty nice price.

I've been getting VR1 at Menards for $6.22/qt after the 11% rebate they are constantly running. The Amazon jug is another 13% cheaper than that.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
will check for 50w doubt but worth looking.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I bought 10 of them, they also had Free next day shipping.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Probably 6 years ago I got a call from one of the good guys here and he told me Autozone had Valvoline oil on sale. I think it was an annual inventory thing. Some the guys working there did not know it until I asked and he scanned it. Not marked or advertised but when you ring it up was $1 a quart. I went around all of the ones I could and bought up everything I could. I got around 225 quarts if I remember right. Most of it was 20-50, some was 10-30 and even got some 5-20. Bought all of the VR-1 I could get and the Max-Live Valvoline.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
as figured 20w-50 but no9w straight 50w. Oh well.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
as figured 20w-50 but no9w straight 50w. Oh well.
Walmart.com does show Straight 50W VR1, but I am only seeing it in the 1 Qt bottle for $16.78 so that is not a bargain.
Amazon has a 6-pack case of the SAE 50 for $48, that is only $8 per Qt, not bad.
I use the full synthetic VR1, Walmart is at $65 for a 6 quart case, Amazon is usually the same price, but they have it on sale now for $53.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1076 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I am ok for while. Napa had sale on few months ago on straigh 50w and bought 24 quarts at half price. Should have bought 24 more.LOL