New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trunk Paint
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
What do you all use for trunk paint in the race car (stock floor)?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2644 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hood paint works great

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I did the back end of my hatchback Vega with spatter trunk paint and I was very satisfied. Sure looked a lot better that what was there.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2349 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I personally like the look of the GM factory style splatter paint, looks clean and adds a little original flavor plus it covers up ugly real good.
I also like Raptor liner for both undercarriages and trunks that you want to clean up. It's not real thick like some bed liners but covers well and is very durable. This is what Raptor looks like .........

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pretty^^^

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Make sure you put some kind of clear over the GM style splatter paint and it will last a long time.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not reflect the views or opinions of any entity other than myself.

72 Nova 370 ci (Stealth Black)

Posts: 394 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom R:
Make sure you put some kind of clear over the GM style splatter paint and it will last a long time.

^^
Back in my GM Body days I learned to cob web my undercarriage and trunk then clear. Old style spray guns, Binks/DeVillbus etc.. I would spray black then follow with a think paint mixture ( off white) in the gun, very low pressure then zero the nozzle. It comes out in strings. Then the same with a green color and one coat of clear. Came out great. Used to do all my buddies truck beds, undercarriage and trunks. Takes practice but looks great.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4562 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you go the spray can route,read the instructions first. A friend tried it years ago and it came out bad. Can was shook up like a normal spray paint would be. Turns out that you are not supposed to shake them up, at least that's what it was years ago.

Cool

Posts: 621 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the replies! I thought about the splatter style paint, but really just need something in a satin or flat black. I will probably go with some type of bed liner coating rolled/brushed on.

HS Professor, that underneath shot of that truck is very nice!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2644 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I used this with good results...

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-tr...k-aerosol-12-oz.html

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Brian, are you in Bakersfield for the D7 finals

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Brian, are you in Bakersfield for the D7 finals

Nope, decided not go.

The 80 Camaro is totally gutted & the 68 Camaro is not right yet. Hope to get the 68 sorted out in next couple of months.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Google search Zolatone

https://www.zolatone.com/

1.34 9.42@ 142.41 1.29 5.97 @ 114.00 @ #3251 Better in 2022
427 BBC by S&S Speed Center, AFD, Enderle MFI by Spud Miller
Trackside Products, Sepanek Racing T400, Dynamic converter, Autoweld, Santhuff, Smith Racecraft,
His real name is Richard but they call it "**** Fords Body Shop"

Posts: 107 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post