Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
MT 3195 or 3196
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
For those of you that have ran both tires in a fast Dragster, is 1 better than the other and why? Only differance I see is X5 verse L5 compounds, both being soft.
Very happy with the 95 except for blistering the last set at 30 runs, just wondering if the 96 is a better tire
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rusty or J.R. could probably tell you..
 
Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Rusty or J.R. could probably tell you..


Not wanting this thread to turn into another tire pissing match.

JR has run both and is running Hoosiers now lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i think either is fine and at your et all mt will blister in the 1/4


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
96....
 
Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
96....


But why? that was the other part of the question
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
For those of you that have ran both tires in a fast Dragster, is 1 better than the other and why? Only differance I see is X5 verse L5 compounds, both being soft.
Very happy with the 95 except for blistering the last set at 30 runs, just wondering if the 96 is a better tire

How fast are you going?
The 96 is a better tire for faster cars and won’t blister as easily.
For my deal I found better top end traction with the 96s also.
I have used the 86s, 95s, and 96s. All very good tires.
If you are blistering tires every 30 runs I’d be looking hard at your combo and setup too!
 
Posts: 2152 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
For those of you that have ran both tires in a fast Dragster, is 1 better than the other and why? Only differance I see is X5 verse L5 compounds, both being soft.
Very happy with the 95 except for blistering the last set at 30 runs, just wondering if the 96 is a better tire

How fast are you going?
The 96 is a better tire for faster cars and won’t blister as easily.
For my deal I found better top end traction with the 96s also.
I have used the 86s, 95s, and 96s. All very good tires.
If you are blistering tires every 30 runs I’d be looking hard at your combo and setup too!


Best so far, .940, 3.90, 6.05 @ 228
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think if it is blistering the tires it may be spinning some on top end. I know on my junk which is way slower it was loose on top end before I put the wing on there. After I put the wing on it the faster it went the smoother it was.
Maybe a larger wing with more down force may resolve most of your issues?


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Curly, I am not having any issue, the 95 works great, very smooth, fast and no shake, just wondering if the 96 is any better. I was told they would blister and they did so I was not surprised. Like Rusty said this is a 1/4 mile problem, the guys on the short track are not having blister or chunking problems that I am aware of.
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
i think either is fine and at your et all mt will blister in the 1/4

i would like to recant my statement all bubba tires


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
For those of you that have ran both tires in a fast Dragster, is 1 better than the other and why? Only differance I see is X5 verse L5 compounds, both being soft.
Very happy with the 95 except for blistering the last set at 30 runs, just wondering if the 96 is a better tire

How fast are you going?
The 96 is a better tire for faster cars and won’t blister as easily.
For my deal I found better top end traction with the 96s also.
I have used the 86s, 95s, and 96s. All very good tires.
If you are blistering tires every 30 runs I’d be looking hard at your combo and setup too!


Best so far, .940, 3.90, 6.05 @ 228


Got a data logger with a wheel speed graph? And you should be using the 96's and I will also add this, no matter who's name is on the sidewall of your tires, the faster you go the faster you will eat them up just as with the rest of the race car parts!
 
Posts: 2152 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
96....


But why? that was the other part of the question
More stable on big end...
 
Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
"More stable on big end" "Blistering is a 1/4 mile problem"

That makes me think a wing with more down force would help and extend tire life more than 30 runs. Like someone said at that horsepower things will not last as long but I still think if it is loose and blistering on top end a wing would help. Maybe get 50 runs before they blister?


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
"More stable on big end" "Blistering is a 1/4 mile problem"

That makes me think a wing with more down force would help and extend tire life more than 30 runs. Like someone said at that horsepower things will not last as long but I still think if it is loose and blistering on top end a wing would help. Maybe get 50 runs before they blister?


Don't agree here. Think about what's going on in the burnout vs top end! The BO is much harder on the tires.
 
Posts: 2152 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
96....


But why? that was the other part of the question
More stable on big end...

X2
 
Posts: 2152 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
ran my Hoosiers all season and going to start out with them this season.


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
ran my Hoosiers all season and going to start out with them this season.


I wish I had another set of wheels so I could try some C1500 or the TD3 JR is running without having to commit to them if the car does not like them. Just don't have the coin right now. Car is working really good right now and don't want to screw it up. Current 95s only have 6 passes so I have some time to figure out what direction I want to go.
 
Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i wish i knew this magic setup that top mentioned.we have tried almost all positions on bars,air,stators wing angles and on and on.the small tires were mostly run in the 1/8 mile and didn't have a real issue with them.90's ran well in 1/4 also.the blistering didn't happen when running 1/8 only which leads to believe its a 1/4 issue.i believed that until tire heats sensors showed where real heat came into play.now not real sure.the position on the tire where the blistered come up would make me think it is a tire patch issue which gets back to wing possibly.when all said and done tuning the car to the track is the answer.


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish I had another set of wheels so I could try some C1500 or the TD3 JR is running without having to commit to them if the car does not like them. Just don't have the coin right now. Car is working really good right now and don't want to screw it up. Current 95s only have 6 passes so I have some time to figure out what direction I want to go.

breaking down beadlocks doesnt take that long


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024