DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Speaking of new trucks -----
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of new trucks -----
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Do we have anyone on this board with a 2020 Duramax?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I was looking at them at the TX state fair, damn things cost more than my first house lol....My 2001 Duramax with 150K miles will do the job pulling my trailer just as good

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I purchased a 2020 chevy duramax 2 months ago. Its a pretty awesome truck. mine has all the camera angles when pulling.

Are you looking to purchase one.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I said F the new truck and got a used Diesel pusher RV for less than a 1/3 of the cost and better brakes and pulling power.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
s/c718,

thinking about doing so

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All these Manufacturers must be like NASCAR and using the same template for all these new trucks. The new Chevy’s look like a Toyota to me. And like was said above I’d buy a used Diesel pusher before I’d buy a new Diesel truck nowadays. JMO

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It’s a pretty awesome truck. I had a 2016 Chevy duramax and this one has more power and torque. It also has the 10 speed transmission. Like I mentioned earlier it has all the different camera angles. It pulls my trailer really nice. I have a 28 foot spreadaxle. My truck is the Ltz with the leather interior.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am driving a 2006 GMC 2500 HD Duramax and it is a very fine rig. Gotta set the cruise while towing our you will be running too fast Smile It makes the new truck have big shoes to fill.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I get to looking at new trucks, and then think how many nice race car parts I could buy with $50k. My older truck and older motorhome get us there on time.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I get to looking at new trucks, and then think how many nice race car parts I could buy with $50k. My older truck and older motorhome get us there on time.

Lol 50k

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You should go test drive one. I would look at getting the Costco deal if you are a Costco member. I was able to use a supplier discount so before tax, title and lic. It was 70k. I think you would like the power of the new truck. But they are expensive.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LIZZARD:
All these Manufacturers must be like NASCAR and using the same template for all these new trucks. The new Chevy’s look like a Toyota to me. And like was said above I’d buy a used Diesel pusher before I’d buy a new Diesel truck nowadays. JMO
I agree with the baddest feet breaker in the world I blew my 07’lbz up spent 20 grand on it an still bought a used 01 diesel pusher less than a new loaded Denali

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Payton:
quote:

Lol 50k

With my trade. LOL. And a small wheelbarrow of cash.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
900 plus foot lbs! That’s a brute! How is the new 10 speed trans?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4512 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Lol 50k

Yup the the fully decked out 2500 HD 4WD I was looking at was like 76K on the window

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I have a 2013 Dodge. It still feels like a new truck to me. It pulled our 53' lq trailer very well. The power was unbelievable!
I recently purchased a 2000 Monaco diesel pusher for less money than I paid for the truck. I can't believe how comfortable it is going down the highway. And better yet, how great it is once we're at the track.
If I had to do it all over again, I would have skipped buying the truck, and bought the motorhome. It would have saved me a ton of money in the long run.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 93 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
quote:

Lol 50k

Yup the the fully decked out 2500 HD 4WD I was looking at was like 76K on the window

I'm gonna need a bigger truck to bring all the money!

Steve are you back together and racing?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
quote:

Lol 50k

I'm gonna need a bigger truck to bring all the money!

Steve are you back together and racing?

Yea got it back together a couple of months ago, just ran my last race of the year 2 weeks ago in Tulsa, qualified #2 and lost in the semis

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
I am driving a 2006 GMC 2500 HD Duramax and it is a very fine rig. Gotta set the cruise while towing our you will be running too fast Smile It makes the new truck have big shoes to fill.

If you get a now one make sure the seat adjusts forward (for more power) and back (for better mileage) like the truck you have now. LOL

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea got it back together a couple of months ago, just ran my last race of the year 2 weeks ago in Tulsa, qualified #2 and lost in the semis

Nice!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo