DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hauling two dragsters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hauling two dragsters
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
We will be a two dragster family soon. Kind of throwing around options. We two either with a 3/4 ton Chevy or DP Motorhome.
We would have the two suspended cars, golf cart, generator, fuel, tools.
32' do it all on floor? double doors forward with no side cabinets and drive cart in doors? Other options?
What do you have to watch for? Seems like some put the doors far enough back that you may have too much space between it and the cabinets, and not have enough room for cars? Or just get a 24' for son's car and let him figure it out? LOL.
The one advantage is that we could race different places. But generally we like to race together.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
How long are they. I would imagine, 1 in and one out. What do you think the additional tongue weight will be. Sound like a prefit job for sure.

I would imagine any side cabinet would be a squeeze. I would imagine wider side drive in. Just in case. JMO.Got your hand full i see now. Gor 2 cars to work on.. Kidding lol.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well he still has two more years of eligibility for the jr car too. That thing isn't a ton of work to keep competitive though. And he does the majority of that. I was thinking as the family rolls back from Indy last night with the SFG race on the tv in the motorhome, is this normal? LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry i misunderstood the question.. I was thinking he was done with the Jr and Dad get out.lol I'm driving. Son get your own car lol.
Sorry.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
I'm sorry i misunderstood the question.. I was thinking he was done with the Jr and Dad get out.lol I'm driving. Son get your own car lol.
Sorry.

Ha ha. Blazing Saddles.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Sorry.

Ha ha. Blazing Saddles.
Son, you're on your own!

I can't put him in my car and feel good about it. I can slow it down to mid to high 7's with tune changes probably. But I don't know that those numbers give me a warm fuzzy even with an experienced jr driver. He's responsible for the engine, and it looks like he is going to start with an LS take out, with alky and aftermarket ECU.....and a small power adder to go Super Comp racing if he wants.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It should be able to be done with a 32' with double side doors to drive the golf cart in. I haul a 235" and 240" dragsters in a 28' trailer and still have room.

Posts: 25 | Location: K-Town | Registered: June 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kole Pritchett:
It should be able to be done with a 32' with double side doors to drive the golf cart in. I haul a 235" and 240" dragsters in a 28' trailer and still have room.

Ok great to know. Is there room between the golf cart and front cabinets? Or are there any? And generator and fuel in there too?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Both cars on floor?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bob Nichols and I hauled 2 cars in a 28' for years. Backed the 225" SC and pulled the 235 TD in forward. Still had plenty of room for generator, tool boxes, compressor, scooter and other assorted junk. It can be done. Only caveat is the wear and tear on the trailer. Had to pay more attention to trailer maintenance. Careful planning will make it work.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I gotta be honest: my wife on a scooter scares me a little. I’m not sure our health insurance will cover this risk.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We may just try everything out n the 28’ to see what room they take up

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We've hauled two dragsters in a single trailer for several years. We've done it with a 28' and 30'. The 30 had two dragsters, a drum of fuel and a small quad. We had to pick the quad up and slide it into place. It was a tight fit but it worked well for several years.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Have you already got the 2nd car ?

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.O. 111:
Have you already got the 2nd car ?

Picking up tomorrow

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thread back from the dead! We ended up with a 44' gooseneck and it pulls terrific with our 3/4 ton silverado. Well, on flat land.

I'm not the first owner, but this pace has two frames in it. Not sure what they were used for but about like stacker lifts. One is right about where I would lift the front of one car. But the top beam is more or less flush with the interior ceiling. Steel. Thinking about how to mount a winch up on the top beam. I can't bolt through since it is flush with the ceiling. I can weld, but don't know how much I trust my welds high stress situations. I think I either need to weld a bracket up there or see what the weight capacity of rivit nuts are?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It seems you want to do this yourself, but really how much would it cost to have a professional weld it. That's the route I think I would take, just a thought. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2560 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
This is my setup. Winch is on the wall, and nothing protrudes through the top of the horizontal ceiling bar.

I only use this setup if I need to haul 3 cars. I usually pull the front of the dragster up into the gooseneck, with the golf cart behind that, followed by the door car.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
It seems you want to do this yourself, but really how much would it cost to have a professional weld it. That's the route I think I would take, just a thought. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

Blasphemy! Lol

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Very cool on the picture

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo